As IV therapy becomes a more common general wellness treatment, you may be wondering if they can benefit you. What types of IV fluids are there? How is IV therapy different from taking over-the-counter supplements? And how do you know which is right for you? Keep reading for the information you need.
How does IV therapy work?
Intravenous therapy is a process in which medications, vitamins, and/or supplements are combined with hydrating fluids, and delivered directly to your bloodstream via a long, thin tube attached to a needle that is inserted into a vein.
Delivering medicines and nutrients in this manner is superior to oral supplements because IV treatments bypass the digestive system. Medications and vitamins taken orally get broken down in the digestive process, ultimately only allowing a fraction of the dose to enter your system.
IV therapy not only means the full dose is absorbed by your body, it also means the medication can start working more quickly. Typically, medications are either slowly combined into IV fluids in an infusion drip, or they can also be administered in one rapid shot during the IV session, called an IV push.
Most general wellness IV formula sessions last 45-60 minutes. Certain types of specialized therapies meant to fight aging or help heal damage from substance abuse disorder may take a few hours to complete.
Types of IV fluids
There are numerous formulas that address different needs, the most popular of which are described below.
IV formulas for overall wellness
If you’re looking to support your health, boost your immune health, or supercharge your energy levels, a general wellness IV is probably right for you.
- Dehydration: These formulas blend IV fluids and electrolytes to help you hydrate quickly and feel refreshed.
- Energy: B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin C work together to boost energy and supercharge you to take on the day.
- Myers Cocktail: Originally created in the 1960s, this combination of magnesium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and B Complex vitamins can help reduce the effects of a variety of conditions, from upper respiratory tract infections to jet lag.
- Immune Boost: Designed to aid illness recovery, protect against infections, and reduce inflammation, these blends of B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and a Glutathione Push work together to leave you feeling your best.
- All-Inclusive: This combination of Vitamin C, Glutathione, and multivitamins aids recovery while detoxifying and cleansing your system.
Treatments for specific issues
If you’re recovering from an illness, need immune support, and also don’t want to take medications by way of mouth, a treatment-specific IV may be able to help.
- Hangover: IV fluids, electrolytes, vitamins, and medications join forces to fight inflammation and nausea help rehydrate and detoxify your body to soothe the unpleasant symptoms after having a little too much!
- Stomach Flu: Blends of B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Pepcid, and Zofran help replenish lost vitamins and help you recover from stomach flu or food poisoning more quickly.
- Recovery: Whether you’re recovering from a workout or an illness, these combinations of magnesium, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals will help you bounce back quickly so you can take on your next challenge.
If you’re looking to look your best, lose weight, or slow the aging process, a specialized IV might be ideal for your needs.
- Beauty: This blend of vitamins, amino acids, and biotin is formulated to supplement your hair and skin, helping to detoxify your body and leave you with a healthy glow.
- NAD+: This amino acid and coenzyme treatment is specially formulated to enhance mental clarity and help promote cellular repair in those recovering from substance abuse disorder.
- Weight Loss: Lipotropics, vitamins, and minerals help boost metabolism, burn fat, and detoxify your body to help you reach your health goals.
- The Importance Of IV Therapy After Drug Detox
- IV Therapy Treatments for Athletes – The Perfect Addition to Your Training Routine
- Why We Age and How NAD IV Treatments Can Help
- How to Boost Your Immune System With At-Home IV Therapy
- How NAD IV Therapy Can Help Improve the Symptoms of Depression
- How IV Weight Loss Therapy Can Help Maintain Your Waistline
- Everything You Wanted to Know About NAD Supplements vs IV Infusions
Get IV Therapy At Home With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration is a mobile IV therapy provider, meaning we will send a Registered Nurse to your home or office to administer the IV therapy formula that’s right for you. Not only convenient, our services help you get the general wellness care you need without unnecessarily exposing yourself, and subsequently anyone else in your household, to Covid-19 and its variants.
We offer mobile IV therapy “a la carte” for individuals who need a one-time boost or just want to give our services a try. We also offer IV therapy memberships which include complimentary phone consultations with our medical experts as well as discounted access to our nutritional lab tests.
Contact Drip Hydration to find out which types of IV fluids should become part of your general wellness routine today!