Even though children are affected by Covid-19 less than the elderly, it’s still important to know when they need to get tested in order to prevent accidental transmission.
How do you know if your children need a Covid-19 test?
Your child should be tested for Covid-19 if…
- You or your child has been in contact with someone who has Covid-19
- You or your child has been in a public situation where people were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing
- Your child or someone in your household is showing symptoms of Covid-19
- You need a test with fast results
- If you’re regularly in contact with the public, whether you’re a first responder, health care worker assisted living employee, or retail or restaurant worker
How and where are kids exposed to Covid-19?
Like adults, kids can be exposed to Covid-19 in a variety of situations.
- Visiting friends or family
- Visiting neighbors
- At school
- On public transportation
- At the store or mall
- During sports activities
- During other extracurricular activities
Covid-19 symptoms in children
Symptoms of Covid-19 in children and adults are much the same – if usually less severe. These symptoms are flu-like and generally include:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
Remember that unlike colds or the flu, not everyone develops symptoms from Covid-19. If your child has been around someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, it’s best to err on the safe side and get tested.
Are child care workers screened regularly?
It depends on where you are. Some states require child care workers to be screened regularly while others make getting tested voluntarily. Check with your child care center to learn what their policies are.
What to do if there’s a positive case in school
If your school or childcare center reports an active case of Covid-19, it’s important to get your child tested to make sure they are not an asymptomatic carrier. From there, you should follow the protocol or guidance provided by your child’s school.
- How Can Small Business Owners Apply For A Grant During Covid-19?
- 5 Ways Covid-19 Has Impacted Small Businesses
- Can You Get Covid-19 More Than Once?
- Can You Have Covid-19 Without Symptoms?
- Comparing At-Home Services And Urgent Care Centers For Covid-19 Testing
- How You Can Help Prevent Covid-19 From Spreading With In-Home Tests
Safe, In-Home Covid-19 Tests For Your Child With Drip Hydration
If your child has recently been exposed to someone with an active case of Covid-19, it’s important to get them tested as soon as you can. Not all testing centers offer tests for children under certain ages, which can make obtaining a test a frustrating experience. In addition, young children may find the testing experience itself stressful. Fortunately, at-home services circumvent these problems, offering tests for people of all ages in a comfortable, familiar environment.
Drip Hydration brings tests for families up to 5 people directly to your home for fast results and peace of mind. Give us a call with any questions you may have, or book an appointment using the button below.