Although children appear to be less affected by COVID-19 than people of other ages, it’s still possible for them to get sick with this virus.
If your child has been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms, you may want to know how you can get a rapid COVID-19 test for your kid.
How To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test For Your Kid
Getting a Rapid COVID-19 test for your kid is as simple as going to your local testing center or clinic. There, your nurse will perform either a throat swab or a nasal swab and collect a sample from the back of your child’s sinus cavity. They will process the sample on-site, and your results will be ready in 15 minutes.
Is it safe to do a rapid COVID-19 test for your kid?
Yes, it’s safe to do a rapid COVID-19 test on children.
When to do a rapid COVID-19 test
You should have a rapid COVID-19 test done if:
- You or your child has been exposed to someone who has COVID-19
- You or your child is showing symptoms
Can you do a rapid self-test?
At this time, rapid DIY tests are not available for home use. You can get a DIY RT-PCR test kit, but you will need to send your test sample to a lab for processing. Your results will typically be available within 3 days.
What should I do if there’s a positive case at school?
If there’s a positive case of COVID-19 at school, we recommend that you follow your school district’s guidance and consult with your child’s doctor for your next steps.
Some parents may choose to keep their kids home from school with remote learning. Ultimately, this decision is a personal one that comes down to what risks you’re comfortable with – especially if you have older people or individuals with preexisting health problems living in your home.
Is in-home or a testing center a better option?
In-home testing has several advantages over testing centers. Since in-home testing is performed in a familiar environment, this test may be less stressful for your child. In-home appointments on your time and schedule are also a time-saving convenience, as you don’t need to wait in line at a clinic or drive-in center.
In-home appointments are especially valuable if your child is sick or if you’re busy working from home. You’ll receive the same quality of care as a local testing center – all without having to leave your house.
- How To Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test In Raleigh
- Which Raleigh Walk-In Clinics Offer Covid-19 Testing?
- How Can Small Business Owners Apply For A Grant During Covid-19?
- 5 Ways Covid-19 Has Impacted Small Businesses
- Reopening Entertainment Businesses Safely
- Can You Get Covid-19 More Than Once?
- Is Harsh Texas Winter Responsible For Vaccine Delays?
- Can You Have Covid-19 Without Symptoms?
- How To Know If Your Child Needs A Covid-19 Test
- What Are The School Reopening Guidelines During Covid-19?
- Comparing At-Home Services And Urgent Care Centers For Covid-19 Testing
- Reopening Beauty Businesses Safely 101
- How You Can Help Prevent Covid-19 From Spreading With In-Home Tests
In-Home Testing Makes Getting A COVID-Test For Your Kid Easy
If you want to get your child tested for COVID-19 safely, quickly, and in a comfortable environment, in-home testing with Drip Hydration may be right for you. We bring your rapid antigen test to you for 15-minute results. Our friendly nurses wear medical-grade protective gear and practice social distancing as much as possible for your safety.