Symptoms of colds and the flu occur because our immune system is hard at work fighting off these viral invaders. An infection of Covid-19, however, is a little different, and you can have this virus without symptoms.
Why can you have Covid-19 without symptoms?
Scientists do not yet know why Covid-19 doesn’t cause symptoms in everyone. There’s a lot of speculation as to why this is. Age, gender, race, and preexisting conditions, among other factors, may be behind the absence of coughs and sniffles in asymptomatic cases.
Why should you get tested if you don’t feel sick?
Whether or not you have symptoms of Covid-19, it’s important to get tested if you’ve been exposed to someone with Covid-19. Getting tested helps prevent the spread of the virus among your friends, family, and local community.
Since asymptomatic carriers have been estimated to make up 40-45% of Covid-19 infections, it’s especially important to get tested if you think you’ve been exposed to the virus. Asymptomatic carriers will still test positive even if they never feel ill and are just as contagious as those who do have Covid-19 symptoms.
You should be tested if…
- You have recently been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19
- You have been in a public situation where people were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing
- You are showing symptoms of Covid-19
- If you’re regularly in contact with the public, such as health care workers, assisted living employees, retail or restaurant workers, and so on
- You are planning to visit someone in a high-risk group, such as someone who is immunocompromised, pregnant, or elderly
- How Can Small Business Owners Apply For A Grant During Covid-19?
- 5 Ways Covid-19 Has Impacted Small Businesses
- Can You Get Covid-19 More Than Once?
- Can You Have Covid-19 Without Symptoms?
- How To Know If Your Child Needs A Covid-19 Test
- Comparing At-Home Services And Urgent Care Centers For Covid-19 Testing
- How You Can Help Prevent Covid-19 From Spreading With In-Home Tests
Convenient, At-Home Covid-19 Tests With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration brings your appointment directly to you, saving you time and helping you avoid exposure while waiting at a clinic or a testing center. Our registered nurse will administer the appointment and provide results in as little as 15 minutes, depending on the type of test you choose. Our nurse will also provide guidance as to your next steps if you do test positive.
Book an appointment using the link below for prompt, friendly service to your home.