Economic recovery in the manufacturing sector in Texas got off to a slow start this past January following a surge in Covid-19 cases during the winter. April saw a strong improvement with the rollout of the vaccine and the decrease in daily cases, but it’s more important than ever to stay vigilant and do everything you can to prevent Covid-19 from entering your workplace, as a single case can cause an outbreak among your staff. Here’s how Dallas manufacturing businesses can protect their staff.
Take practical steps
The CDC has provided recommended guidance for businesses to help them draw up new workplace health and safety plans, develop new policies to support the workplace, how to handle sick employees, and more.
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services has also published specific Covid-19 protocols for manufacturers to guide them through the current best practices and keep the virus out of the workplace.
Other practical steps you can take include:
- Training all employees on new health and hygiene practices
- Training employees to recognize the symptoms of Covid-19
- Requiring that all workers have at least 6 feet of distance between them
- Staggering breaks to reduce the number of employees in break rooms and other social areas
- Encouraging staff to provide their own personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks and face shields, but also providing PPE onsite
- Having your workplace deep cleaned regularly to reduce the risk of transmission
- Provide onsite Covid-19 testing for your staff
Why provide Covid-19 tests at your workplace?
Onsite Covid-19 tests are an efficient way to ensure that everyone on staff is Covid-free. You don’t have to deal with the hassle of distributing, collecting, and sending out DIY kits for processing. You also don’t have to research how you can implement DIY testing for Dallas manufacturing businesses in compliance with local regulations.
Providing tests at your workplace is a more streamlined process than relying on your staff to get tested on their own time. Onsite tests erase the question of who has or hasn’t been tested.
Ongoing workplace Covid-19 testing as part of a health and safety program acts as a preventive measure to help you catch an active case before it has the chance to spread among your staff.
- How To Get Back On Track With Your Dallas Restaurant After Covid-19 Lockdown
- Can Your Dallas Business Get Sued Due To Covid-19?
- What’s The Safest Way To Test Your Employees For Covid-19 In Dallas?
- Are Covid-19 At-Home Tests Accurate?
- The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test, Explained
- Reopening Beauty Businesses Safely 101
- GSU Researchers Find A Way To Suppress Covid-19 Transmission
Onsite Covid-19 Tests For Dallas Manufacturing Businesses
If you’re a manufacturer in Texas who wants to provide onsite Covid-19 tests for your staff, Drip Hydration can help. We consult with you to develop a testing plan that is right for your manufacturing business. On test day, our nurse (or team of nurses, depending on the size of your factory) will test all participating employees, process the samples, and provide results within 15 minutes to 3 business days, depending on the type of test you choose.
If someone on staff does test positive, our nurses can provide guidance to help you protect unaffected staff members and break the chain of transmission.
Give us a call or book a consultation using the button below!