Drive-up Covid-19 testing is a fast and convenient option for many people. Plus, you never have to leave your car, helping you avoid potential exposure – or potentially exposing others to – Covid-19. If this sounds like an ideal option, here is how you can get drive-up Covid testing in Columbus, Ohio.
How to find drive-up Covid testing in Columbus, Ohio
There are several ways you can find drive-up testing sites. These options will require both an appointment and a health pre-screening, which can typically be done on the testing location’s website.
- Solv Health
- Ohio Department of Health Testing Site Locator
- CVS Minute Clinic (select locations)
- Walgreens (select locations)
- Rite Aid (select locations)
How does drive-through testing work?
Drive-up testing is a simple process. All you need to do is make an appointment, fill out the required paperwork, and head to your testing site. Your clinician will provide further instructions once you arrive.
The test itself is typically a nasal swab that only takes a few minutes, and your results are generally available within 2 – 3 business days. If you’ve chosen a rapid antigen test, your test results may be available on the same day as your appointment.
Know before you go…
It’s important to make an appointment and ensure that all relevant screenings and forms have been filled out to save you time. It’s also important to check whether your drive-in site has any age-based limitations, as some locations cannot accommodate the very young or very old. Some testing sites have a cap on how many people can be in a car during a test, so be sure to verify this detail before your appointment.
What are my testing options and which is right for me?
There are several Covid-19 testing options, but it’s important to note that not all testing sites will carry every type of test.
- Rapid antigen tests: A nasal swab diagnostic that is designed to detect specific proteins coating the surface of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. These tests are fast and return results within 15 minutes or less. However, it’s estimated that 1 in 5 rapid antigen tests returns incorrect results.
- Rapid PCR tests: A highly accurate nasal swab diagnostic that detects genetic material belonging to Covid-19. This test can be processed onsite and can return results in as little as 30 minutes, depending on the specific manufacturer.
- Standard RT-PCR tests: The gold standard of Covid-19 tests, this nasal swab or saliva diagnostic is highly accurate. Like rapid PCR tests, the RT-PCR is designed to detect genetic material belonging to Covid-19. Unlike rapid PCR tests, this test must be sent to a lab for processing and will generally return results within 3 business days.
In-home services are a safer, easier way to get Covid-19 testing
Drive-through testing is a convenient option for many people and can help you avoid potential exposure at walk-in locations, but it isn’t right for everyone. People with mobility considerations or transportation limitations can benefit from an in-home medical service. In-home tests also save you time since you don’t have to drive to your testing location or wait in line.
In-home testing is ideal for multi-generational households, as they can accommodate larger groups and do not come with age-based restrictions. You don’t have to make multiple appointments – often at different testing locations – to make sure the entire family can get tested.
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Covid-19?
- How Long Are You Contagious With Covid-19?
- How To Deal With Children’s Mental Health During Covid-19
- 8 Benefits Of Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Your Business
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Are Covid-19 At-Home Tests Accurate?
- How To Use A COVID-19 Test When Collecting Samples From Employees
Fast And Convenient In-Home Covid-19 Testing In Columbus
If you need a Covid-19 test at home, Drip Hydration can help. One of our registered nurses will come to your home with your test of choice in hand and administer the test to your family. Depending on which test you choose, you can get results in as little as 15 minutes. Our nurse will provide guidance if someone in your family tests positive.
Give us a call or book an appointment using the button below. Let us help you do your part to prevent the spread of Covid-19!