As the Delta variant rages on and Covid cases are on the rise again, many Angelenos are looking for ways to enhance or maintain their general wellness routines without unnecessarily exposing themselves to Covid-19. Glutathione treatments are purported to have a wide range of general wellness benefits, but do they really work? How can you get a glutathione treatment in LA without leaving your home? Keep reading for answers!
What is glutathione?
Glutathione is a naturally-produced antioxidant primarily composed of amino acids cysteine, glutamine, and glycine. Glutathione levels decline as we age, and may also be decreased by environmental toxins, poor nutrition, and stress.
Glutathione is essential to reducing oxidative stress, which is an imbalance caused by free radicals – unstable cells that cause rapid chemical reactions resulting in cell damage and aging. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, preventing them from causing these harmful chemical reactions.
Supplementing with glutathione therapy may:
- Reduce cell damage in those with fatty liver disease
- Reduce psoriasis symptoms
- Improve insulin resistance in older people
- Be linked to improvement in a number of conditions, including peripheral artery disease, Parkinson’s, autoimmune disorders, respiratory conditions, and diabetes
Are there any side effects to glutathione treatments?
You should consult your doctor before beginning a glutathione treatment, as there are some side effects and risks that may occur, such as:
- Allergic reactions
- Difficulty breathing
- Abdominal cramping
What types of glutathione therapy treatments are there?
Oral glutathione supplements are readily available online or at most drug stores, but glutathione injections or glutathione push IV treatments are more common. This is because roughly half of medications and supplements taken orally are lost during the digestive process. Injections or IV treatments are delivered directly into the bloodstream, allowing the fluids and vitamins to be absorbed and begin taking effect much more quickly.
Glutathione push IV treatments are popular because they can be combined with other general wellness formulas, like the Myers Cocktail or energy-boosting formulas. While the IV push takes only a few minutes to administer, an average IV therapy session lasts 45-60 minutes.
- The Importance Of IV Therapy After Drug Detox
- IV Therapy Treatments for Athletes – The Perfect Addition to Your Training Routine
- Why We Age and How NAD IV Treatments Can Help
- How to Boost Your Immune System With At-Home IV Therapy
- How NAD IV Therapy Can Help Improve the Symptoms of Depression
- How IV Weight Loss Therapy Can Help Maintain Your Waistline
- Everything You Wanted to Know About NAD Supplements vs IV Infusions
Get An Easy, At-Home Glutathione Treatment In LA With Drip Hydration
If you are interested in upping your general wellness with glutathione therapy, Drip Hydration can help. With a call or click, one of our Registered Nurses can come to your home and administer one of our 12 specially-blended formulas, along with a glutathione push.
Our services help you work towards general wellness goals without unnecessarily exposing yourself and your household to the Covid-19 Delta Variant. Our IV memberships include complimentary medical phone consultations, priority booking, and discounted access to our Nutritional Lab Tests.
We’re excited to work with you to make sure your body has the fuel it needs to function at its best. Book an appointment with us today!