With the Covid pandemic, it can seem overwhelming when trying to understand the science and differences between tests. Currently, RT-PCR and rapid PCR testing are the most accurate testing options in Houston. They have key differences between them, which is critical for those who need to get testing done urgently.
RT-PCR vs. PCR
RT-PCR stands for a reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. This is a scientific method that can isolate the virus and be easily recognizable in samples. It is the most accurate method for obtaining a Covid-19 diagnosis. The techniques used to detect the virus are the same for both RT-PCR and rapid PCR testing, except that rapid tests do not have to be sent to a lab for processing.
- Standard RT-PCR tests are ideal for people who need a highly accurate result but do not need same-day answers.
- Rapid PCR tests are best for people who need same-day results and are especially valuable for travelers who want to meet testing requirements.
Testing is widely available and can be found at most pharmacy locations, such as CVS. For rapid PCR tests in Houston, you can find local testing sites on the Harris County website. Many urgent care centers also offer tests. There are also options for you to get tested by kits sold at most stores or pharmacies and in-home services. However, wherever you choose to go, make sure you call beforehand in case there are certain requirements or limited availability.
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid-19 Testing For Families With Children
- The Hidden Benefits Of In-Home COVID Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
In-Home Tests In Houston With Drip Hydration
If you are looking for a quick result without the hassle of visiting a clinic, Drip Hydration can bring a rapid PCR test to your location in Houston. This diagnostic combines both the accuracy of the standard PCR but will provide you with results in about 30 minutes. This is a great option for those who may feel ill or have symptoms since testing is available in-home and is completed by a medical professional. Keep yourself healthy and get tested if you have been exposed to someone with the virus, have symptoms, or will be traveling.