Mexico City is a brilliant and busy capital, filled with citizens and tourists who appreciate its architecture and culture. If you intend to travel to or from Mexico City, it’s important that you exercise precautions and appropriate testing to ensure you have not been exposed to COVID-19. Testing is recommended for individuals traveling, so knowing pertinent information for a travel Covid test in Mexico City should be a priority.
Currently, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico require the following for air travel to the United States:
- For those two years or older, a negative COVID-19 test must be presented no more than one day before travel
- Alternatively, documentation of having recovered in the past 90 days from COVID-19
- Passengers are also required to confirm via attestation that their information is true and accurate
- Non-citizen passengers must provide proof of being fully vaccinated
- Pre-departure testing and vaccine exemptions are not typical and must be in urgent situations only
If you plan on traveling to Mexico City, keep up on current guidelines regarding vaccinations and COVID cases for your safety.
There are many different types of COVID tests, and typically you can find testing locations in airports. The main types of tests are the PCR and antigen tests.
- PCR: This stands for polymerase chain reaction test and looks for COVID’s RNA, a genetic material that is part of the virus’ makeup. These are ‘sensitive,’ meaning they are more likely to catch if someone is ill with COVID. These are usually completed within one day.
- Antigen: Antigen tests look for specific proteins that are part of the COVID virus. These results are much quicker but are often less accurate and can result in a false positive.
Thankfully, testing has come a long way, and many places can do a quicker, more accurate PCR test. If you are on a time crunch, you can consider getting a test done at an urgent care facility, doctor’s office, or a self-test kit. You can utilize Drip Hydrations’ rapid PCR test for the most accurate test. This is a quick and efficient way to get your test completed for travel and can be done from the comfort of your home. Contact us today to schedule your travel COVID test!
- COVID Domestic Travel Restrictions By State & International Travel Guidelines
- List Of Safe Places To Travel During Covid
- What Covid Test Do You Need For Travel?
- Safe Travel Agency Reopening During Covid-19
- The Easiest Way To Get IV Therapy In Connecticut
- How To Get An Employee Test On Site In Connecticut
Drip Hydration Makes It Easy To Get Covid Tests For Travel
If you want to meet your destination’s travel requirements for Covid without leaving your house, you may want to schedule a test with Drip Hydration. Offering rapid PCR tests that come right to your home is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you are Covid negative to help keep your fellow travelers safe. Serving Connecticut as well as many other locations across the United States, Drip Hydration can make traveling during the pandemic a seamless process.
All you have to do is schedule an appointment, and we will take care of everything else. A certified nurse will come to your home with all of the necessary supplies and paperwork. You can choose a rapid test if you want to receive results in as little as 15 minutes. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment.