As COVID tests become widely available to the public, it can be tempting for employers to require their employees to get regularly tested for the virus to ensure a safe workplace and prevent outbreaks. Although corporate testing is easily accessible to corporations, there may be some additional hoops that you have to jump through. This article will break down some considerations for corporations who hope to plan weekly on-site testing for employees and how to go about doing so.
DIY Kits vs. Professional Testing Services
When organizing weekly on-site testing for employees, you’ll first want to consider whether you’d rather test employees using DIY tests or a professional testing service. Some people find that DIY testing is convenient; however, it isn’t always the best option. DIY testing requires you to purchase the tests yourself and to trust that employees will correctly test themselves. Nurses who test for COVID-19 are specially trained to swab people in a certain way to produce the most accurate test results.
Professional testing services are reliable and convenient for employers who hope to plan weekly on-site testing for employees. These services are a great option because they provide companies with trained nurses to administer COVID tests, and they will come directly to your location with all required supplies and paperwork.
Types of COVID-19 Tests
There are a few different options when it comes to the type of COVID tests you choose for your employees:
- Rapid COVID tests produce fast results but don’t always offer the most accurate results. False results are slightly more common with this type of test, so they are a good option when fast results are an absolute must.
- PCR tests are considered the most accurate testing option, but they often take longer to produce results. These could be a good option for routine testing when results are not needed urgently.
- A rapid PCR test is a new type of COVID test that combines the accuracy of PCR tests with the fast results of a rapid test.
If you plan to initiate weekly on-site testing for employees, you’ll want to think about additional considerations such as employee privacy and cost. COVID-related information must be kept separate from employees’ other paperwork to maintain employee privacy. Weekly on-site testing for employees may also prove to be a bit costly for your company, but given that it is a safe, effective way to avoid an outbreak, it is entirely worth it.
Drip Hydration Offers On-Site Corporate Testing
Drip Hydration is a convenient and reliable on-site COVID testing service. Our professional testing service offers accurate and speedy results from our rapid PCR tests. A trained nurse will come directly to your location to test employees, bringing all necessary supplies and paperwork with them. Let us do the work for you to get back to focusing on work without worrying about a COVID outbreak.
- COVID Business Reopening Guidebook
- Your Pool Reopening Guide For Covid-19
- How To Use A COVID-19 Test When Collecting Samples From Employees
- Covid-19 Reopening Phases For Businesses and Corporations, Explained
- Do COVID-19 Testing Kits For Businesses Reduce Virus Spread?
- Can Employers Use In-Home COVID-19 Testing Kits For Workers?
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- Help Keep Your Staff Healthy With COVID-19 Testing For Businesses
- COVID-19 Testing For Travelers