Acute depression is normal, and everyone feels down every once in a while. Acute depression generally goes away on its own within a few days. Chronic depression, on the other hand, may persist for weeks or months. NAD IV therapy can help improve the symptoms of depression whether you’ve been feeling a little blue for a couple of days or want to manage long-term symptoms.
Acute and Chronic Depression
Depression is a disorder that causes sadness that doesn’t go away on its own. There are many types of depression and just as many causes of this brain disorder.
Some people may feel depressed as a result of external factors, such as family or workplace issues, or the changing of the seasons. Others may not be influenced by an environmental factor, but are instead influenced by a neurological condition that may require lifestyle changes, medical treatment, or other therapies to improve.
The symptoms of depression include:
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Changes in weight unrelated to a change in diet
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Loss in interest in regular activities
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Feelings of guilt
- Recurring thoughts of death
- Suicidal thoughts or fantasies
Almost every type of chronic depression is diagnosed when a person experiences symptoms for two or more weeks. You can learn more about depression at MedlinePlus and at the National Institute of Mental Health.
Improving the Symptoms of Depression with NAD Treatment
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) may help improve the symptoms of depression. NAD is a coenzyme that your body naturally produces. This coenzyme plays a large role in reversing mitochondrial damage, improving cellular function, reducing oxidative stress, and reducing inflammation. NAD can also promote brain regeneration and improve cognitive clarity by promoting regeneration of the neurotransmitters in your brain.
NAD treatment can improve the symptoms of acute and chronic depression on its own, or it can act as an ideal cotherapy alongside traditional treatments.
NAD acts on siruitins, a class of proteins that contributes to normal energy production, inflammatory regulation, promoting a normal circadian rhythm, and maintaining cellular health – including anti-aging. Changes in sirtuin activity can contribute to mood disorders. Correcting this imbalance with NAD may improve the symptoms of depression.
In addition to acting on siruitins, NAD plays a role in the regulation of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is the long-term accumulation of free radicals which causes cellular damage. This damage may play a role in the symptoms of depression. NAD treatment can reverse the effects of oxidative stress and improve your symptoms by binding to free radicals and helping flush them from your body. You can feel relief from your symptoms as well as give your body an opportunity to heal from this long-term damage.
How IV NAD Treatment can Improve the Symptoms of Depression
IV infusions contain hydrating saline solution in addition to the restorative properties of NAD. Hydration also plays a role in mood regulation. This study found that an increased water intake contributed to an improvement in mood while a decreased water intake negatively impacted mood. Regular hydration helps ensure that your body has the fluids it needs for your cells, tissues, and organs to function optimally for whole-body health.
IV hydration plays another significant role in improving the symptoms of depression: by helping flush toxic metals from your body. Your body can process trace amounts of toxic metals naturally. However, overexposure can overwhelm your body’s ability to process these metals and can lead to toxicity.
Depression is just one of the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity. The symptoms of heavy metal toxicity vary depending on the type of metal you are exposed to. Lead, in particular, can cause neurotoxicity and neurological changes, including depression, and is present in the water pipes in many older buildings.
The only way to know if you have heavy metal toxicity is with a lab test. Drip Hydration offers at-home heavy metal lab tests complete with a consultation and recommendations as to how to avoid environmental sources of heavy metals.
We are expanding to new locations serving At-Home IV Drips
Why Get Delivery IV NAD Treatment for Depression?
As you’ve seen, IV NAD treatment can improve the symptoms of depression at the cellular level by restoring the levels of NAD present in your body. IV treatment can also promote optimal whole-body health by replenishing essential vitamins and minerals. You don’t have to make a trip across town to enjoy the benefits of this IV. Drip Hydration brings the appointment to you.
Delivery IV NAD treatment is a convenient solution for busy individuals whether you’re an on-the-go parent, a high-performing business professional, or an entrepreneur with deadlines to meet. By saving you the time and hassle of transit to and from a clinic, direct-delivery IV treatments are also ideal for individuals with mobility considerations.
You can work, read, or even watch a movie during the appointment so that you don’t have to compromise your time while you wait for the IV to finish infusing.
We recommend our NAD+ Boost IV for the symptoms of depression. The addition of vitamins enhances the effectiveness of NAD. Our NAD IV+ Boost supports your immune system and metabolism for healthy energy production that combats the listlessness that some people may experience. This IV also gives your body a supercharged dose of antioxidants to thoroughly flush out free radicals that contribute to cellular damage and worsened symptoms of depression.
Our NAD + Boost Solution Includes:
- IV Fluids: A sterile saline solution that delivers nutrients directly into your bloodstream, rehydrates your body, and ensures 100% absorption.
- NAD+: NAD is a coenzyme naturally produced by the body that is associated with anti-aging. The level of NAD+ in the body declines with age, but supplementation can improve a wide variety of changes including restoring muscle function and athletic performance, improving brain regeneration, restoring energy levels, boosting mood, and reducing or eliminating addictions to substances such as drugs and alcohol
- Vitamin B12: A B-Complex vitamin associated with preventing memory loss and improving concentration, as well as boosting energy levels.
- B-Complex Vitamins: A complex of 8 different vitamins that perform a range of vital functions including cardiovascular support, helping your body convert food into energy, immune function, and more.
- Vitamin C: A vitamin that plays many essential roles throughout your body, helping to maintain systems such as muscles, bones, immune support, and your circulatory system.
- Glutathione Push: A highly concentrated dose of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that provides immune system support, detoxifies your body, removes free radicals, boosts energy levels, and improves neurodegenerative diseases.
Drip Hydration’s NAD+ Boost IV Treatment is 500mg of NAD plus the above listed blend of vitamins to enhance the effectiveness of this formula. This IV is typically infused over 2-3 hours, making this IV ideal for at-home or at the office treatment for your convenience.
Natural Ways to Combat Depression
In addition to any medication that you may be prescribed to help manage chronic depression, there are many things you can do to combat depression naturally. Here are a few of our top tips to improve your symptoms of depression.
- Exercise: Exercise causes your body to produce endorphins, which elevate your mood naturally and can fight off depression.
- Try an artificial light: An artificial light simulates natural sunlight and may help boost your mood. Although it doesn’t boost vitamin D production, this device can be helpful for supplementing light exposure at your home and office.
- Try to keep your sleep consistent: Depression and sleep can be linked. Some people with depression sleep too much while others have trouble getting enough sleep. Try to stay on a consistent sleep schedule; keeping your circadian rhythm regular can help regulate your mood.
- Stay hydrated: Hydration is essential for whole-body health and can help you manage the symptoms of depression. Staying hydrated helps your cells function normally and keep you energized throughout your day.
- Try something new: Although you may not be in the mood to do anything, stimulating your brain can help relieve your symptoms. Plus, trying something new opens you up to the possibility of finding a hobby that you find fulfilling and enjoyable.
Drip Hydration: Delivering IV NAD Treatment for Depression Directly to You
IV NAD treatment for depression can be a useful cotherapy for traditional methods such as medication and lifestyle changes. Drip Hydration brings appointments directly to you at home or at the office so that you can enjoy the benefits of this innovative therapy without the hassle of transit. We deliver IV treatments to neighborhoods in Los Angeles and Manhattan up to 96th Street.
The symptoms of chronic depression benefit from long-term management, making delivery IV NAD a perfect fit for busy lifestyles. Each treatment takes two to three hours. IV administration of NAD ensures 100% absorption for maximum effect.
Have questions? Want to know more about NAD or IV therapy? Give us a call. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our services and how we can help you.