Even though the US is slowly reopening and the vaccine is becoming more widespread, it’s still important to take precautions against Covid-19. This is especially true if you’re planning to host a private event. Private event Covid testing in Palo Alto can help keep your attendees safe, and here’s how.
Why get private event Covid testing in Palo Alto?
Onsite Covid-19 tests can protect your guests by helping prevent an outbreak at your event. Tests take only a few minutes to administer, making them ideal for screening large groups of people in a short amount of time. Rapid tests return results within 30 minutes and can detect an active case of Covid-19 whether or not a person has symptoms.
Providing Covid tests for your event attendees is more effective than taking their temperature at the door, as not everyone develops a fever with Covid-19. It’s currently estimated that 40 – 50% of people never develop symptoms at all. A test can identify these asymptomatic individuals and enable you to break the chain of transmission.
Private event testing has an additional benefit: increasing your allowable event size. The latest guidance for private events in California sets limits on the maximum number of attendees based on the current County Risk Level. However, if all guests have been vaccinated and/or can provide a negative Covid-19 test result, the maximum cap can be increased.
How does onsite testing work?
Onsite tests with a medical service are straightforward and fast. Here’s what you can expect.
- A nurse (or team of nurses, depending on the size of your event) will come to your venue with all of the equipment necessary for the tests.
- They will set up in a designated location, typically a private area such as an empty office or room, and conduct tests on participating guests in compliance with local regulations.
- They will process the tests onsite and provide test results. If someone has tested positive, the nurse can make recommendations as to your next steps to keep uninfected guests safe.
What are your rapid Covid-19 test options?
You have two options for onsite rapid Covid-19 tests. Let’s take a look at what the tests are and what the differences are between them.
- A nasal swab diagnostic that detects specific proteins that coat the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Results are available in 15 minutes
- Affordable, but has a slightly higher rate of false positives and false negatives than PCR tests
- A nasal swab diagnostic that is designed to identify genetic material belonging to Covid-19
- Results are available in 30 minutes
- Highly accurate, but more expensive than rapid antigen tests
Private Event Covid-19 Testing In Palo Alto With Drip Hydration
If you’re planning to host an event in Palo Alto, onsite Covid-19 testing with Drip Hydration can help keep your guests safe. We consult with you to develop a custom testing plan for your event and offer progressive discounts based on group size. Give us a call or book a consultation using the button below!