Businesses of all types in Raleigh have been impacted by Covid-19, with more than 350 events cancelled since March 2020 and the streets absent of the usual flow of tourists. With December being the deadliest month on record so far, it’s clear the pandemic isn’t going away any time soon. How can businesses adapt in order to thrive – all while keeping their staff safe?
Make changes to your workplace if you haven’t already
Providing a safe place for your staff to work means less chance of someone catching Covid-19 onsite and potential closures. If you haven’t already updated your workplace to accommodate social distancing, it’s more important than ever to do so.
Some ways to make your workplace safer for your staff include:
- Requiring your staff to wear masks or facial covering while on shift
- Requiring customers to wear masks while they are in your building
- Having nonessential staff work from home where possible
- Reducing the number of guests allowed in your store or restaurant
- Posting visible signage reminding staff and guests of your business’ requirements, such as hand washing, masks or facial coverings, and social distancing
- Placing signage and floor markers that help guide customers as to where they should stand while in your store
- Changing the layout of your business, such as moving tables or cubicles, so that staff and customers can stay socially distanced
- Hire a professional cleaning service to sanitize and disinfect your building daily to prevent the proliferation of the virus on surfaces
You can find more resources for businesses and employers here.
Reconsider your operating hours with the new curfew
Adhere to the new curfew mandated by Order 181 to help curb the spread of the virus. Even though this won’t affect staff that is scheduled to be onsite, as they are exempt from the curfew, it does mean that you will have to close your business and/or stop serving customers earlier.
It’s important to remember that you can continue serving customers via third party providers such as DoorDash, GrubHub, and Uber Eats. Consider adjusting your hours and offerings to take advantage of these third party services.
Diversity your offer, if you are able
Depending on the type of business you own, you can maintain an income stream by diversifying your service. For example, delivery and curbside pickup are great options for restaurants and bars, while curbside pickup and DIY kits can benefit specialty and retail stores. The key here is to make customers feel both comfortable and safe getting the product and/or service they want.
Get your staff tested for Covid-19 regularly
Getting tested is one of the most important ways to prevent the spread of Covid-19. How does this apply to businesses, though, which typically rely on employees getting tested on their own and self-certifying that they aren’t sick?
Covid-19 testing is a valuable part of a larger workplace health safety program, which includes protocols and response measures if someone does test positive. Ongoing testing can detect Covid-19 before it has the chance to spread among your staff, forcing closures and lost profits.
How can Covid-19 testing help your business?
We bring testing to your Raleigh-area business and set up a dedicated testing site, usually in an empty office or private area. Our registered nurses test your staff throughout the day and provide results within 15 minutes or 3 days, depending on the type of test you choose. If someone does test positive for Covid-19, our nurses provide medical guidance as to next steps.
The types of tests we offer and their turnaround times:
- Rapid antigen: 15 minutes
- Accula Rapid RT-PCR: 30 minutes
- Standard RT-PCR: Within 3 days
You can learn more about the types of tests we offer here.
Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Raleigh Businesses With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration can help your business continue operating as safely as possible during the pandemic. We bring Covid-19 testing to your business or corporation to help you keep your workplace as safe as possible for your staff. Contact us to learn more about how we can help keep your workplace safe.