Travel during COVID-19 presents a novel challenge for even the most seasoned traveler with new regulations and requirements. COVID-19 testing can help you travel with peace of mind, whether before your trip or after you arrive, so that you can know that you aren’t sick and won’t spread the virus.
Do you need a rapid COVID test before traveling?
Technically, there are no rules saying that you need to get tested before you board a plane or hop in a car for a road trip. However, testing before you travel can help ensure that you do not have COVID-19 and that you do not accidentally spread it to others during your travels.
When should you get tested for COVID-19?
If you think you’ve been exposed to someone who is currently infected with COVID-19 or have noticed flu-like symptoms consistent with the symptoms of COVID-19, it’s recommended that you get tested.
If you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 but do not have any symptoms, testing can help determine if you are an asymptomatic carrier (someone who has the virus but does not show symptoms) to help prevent others from getting sick.
How fast will you get the results?
Rapid COVID antigen tests return results within 15 minutes.
Can you get a rapid test at home or at the airport?
You can get a rapid test at home by a medical service such as Drip Hydration. DIY at-home rapid tests are not currently available to the general public.
Select airports offer onsite rapid tests, but you’ll need to check in advance of your trip to see if this service is offered. Some airports in Italy are currently using rapid COVID tests to determine who is infected and who is safe to travel, and international airports such as Heathrow are also looking into adding this test into pre-boarding precautions.
If you’re planning on traveling out of town, you can get an in-home rapid antigen test before you fly. In-home services help save you time on waiting in testing lines, which means more time for packing and preparation for your trip.
- How To Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test In Raleigh
- Which Raleigh Walk-In Clinics Offer Covid-19 Testing?
- How Can Small Business Owners Apply For A Grant During Covid-19?
- 5 Ways Covid-19 Has Impacted Small Businesses
- Reopening Entertainment Businesses Safely
- Can You Get Covid-19 More Than Once?
- Is Harsh Texas Winter Responsible For Vaccine Delays?
- Can You Have Covid-19 Without Symptoms?
- How To Know If Your Child Needs A Covid-19 Test
- What Are The School Reopening Guidelines During Covid-19?
- Comparing At-Home Services And Urgent Care Centers For Covid-19 Testing
- Reopening Beauty Businesses Safely 101
- How You Can Help Prevent Covid-19 From Spreading With In-Home Tests
The Easiest Way To Get Tested For COVID-19 Before Traveling
In-home rapid COVID-19 testing is the fastest and most convenient way to find out if you have this virus before you go on a trip. We bring your appointment to you so that you don’t have to wait in long lines at testing centers or risk exposure to the virus. Our nurses wear medical-grade protective gear during your appointment for your safety.
The results of your rapid antigen test is available within 15 minutes. For our in-home RT-PCR and antibody tests, you can expect results within 72 hours. Learn more or book an appointment with us today.