If you’re in need of a Covid-19 test, a rapid test seems the natural choice so you can get answers as quickly as possible. But which test is right for you? Read on to learn more, and how you can get a rapid Covid test in NJ.
Understanding Your Covid-19 Testing Options
In order to get what you need when you need it, it’s important to understand the different Covid-19 tests available.
- RT-PCR: This test is the most accurate Covid-19 test available, but it needs lab processing, which means results won’t be available for 48-72 hours.
- Rapid antigen: Rapid antigen tests return results in 10-15 minutes, but are less accurate with a 1 in 5 false negative rate. The speed of these tests makes them ideal for mass testing purposes, which is why they are being embraced by employers and event venues for screening purposes.
- Rapid Accula PCR: This test offers the accuracy of the RT-PCR test in just 30 minutes, but is only available from certain healthcare providers.
How can I get a rapid Covid-19 test in NJ?
Rapid antigen tests are available at certain public testing sites, the majority of which only offer RT-PCR testing. The free public sites that do offer rapid testing advertise a 12 hour turnaround time for results – likely due to the administrative tasks necessary for such a large-scale endeavor.
Private urgent cares and health clinics like the CVS Minute Clinic offer rapid-testing at specific locations. If you just need a test to fulfill a requirement for work, school, or sports participation, the idea of waiting in a reception area with people who may be sick is not ideal.
Busy professionals, families who need multiple tests, and/or people who need to minimize possible exposure whenever possible may wish to consider mobile Covid-19 testing services like Drip Hydration.
- How To Safely Organize An Event During Covid-19 In New Jersey
- The Easiest Way To Get An At-Home Covid Test In NJ
- How To Throw A Wedding During Covid-19 In New Jersey
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Can You Test Yourself At Home With A COVID-19 Test Kit?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With Drip Hydration
With as little as 24 hours notice, you can book an appointment online for one of our Registered Nurses to come to your home or office and administer a rapid test. If someone tests positive, our experts can give you advice on how to keep everyone safe and healthy. You can book the whole family for an appointment at once, making school and sports requirements for multiple kids much easier to handle.
Our incentives include progressive group discounts, and PPO insurance holders may be eligible for partial reimbursement. We offer RT-PCR, rapid antigen, rapid Accula, and antibody testing mobile services. Call or click the button below to make an appointment today!