Whether you’re feeling unwell or have been exposed to someone with a known case of Covid-19, it’s a good idea to get tested to prevent the virus from spreading. Rapid Covid tests can return results within 30 minutes of your appointment, giving you fast answers and peace of mind. Here’s how you can get one in Cleveland.
What kinds of rapid tests can you get?
There are two Covid tests with same-day results – the rapid antigen and rapid PCR tests. Although both are designed to detect Covid-19 whether or not you have symptoms, there are a few key differences. Let’s take a look.
- Rapid antigen: A nasal swab test that detects specific proteins that coat the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This test is very fast, with results available in 15 minutes of your appointment. However, there is a slightly higher chance of this test returning incorrect results than RT-PCR tests.
- Rapid Accula PCR: A nasal swab diagnostic designed to identify genetic markers belonging to Covid-19. This test uses the same technology as the gold standard RT-PCR tests, but without the need for lab processing. Results are available in 30 minutes of your appointment but may have a higher price point than other diagnostics.
Where to get rapid Covid testing in Cleveland
There are several ways to get rapid tests in Cleveland.
Why choose in-home rapid Covid-19 testing?
Even though more and more Ohio residents are getting vaccinated and the vaccines have a high efficacy rate, going to a testing site or waiting at a clinic still comes with a risk of exposure. People who live with individuals in a high risk group (such as the elderly, immunocompromised individuals, or pregnant women) may not be able to take such risks.
In-home tests circumvent the need to visit an in-person testing center since your nurse comes directly to your home. The test itself only takes a few minutes and can be processed onsite for fast answers.
In-home testing has the additional advantage of being able to test very young and very old people whom in-person testing sites may not be able to accommodate.
How do in-home tests work?
In-home rapid Covid testing in Cleveland is as safe as it is easy. Here’s what you can expect.
- A nurse will come to your home with your test of choice in hand for your appointment.
- Your nurse will administer the test. Depending on the test you choose, they will either process the sample onsite or send the sample to a lab for processing.
- Your nurse will review your results with you and answer any questions you may have. Your nurse will provide further guidance if your test comes back positive.
- How To Get Same Day Covid Testing For Cleveland Businesses And Events
- How To Throw A Wedding During Covid-19 in Cleveland
- How To Know If Your Child Needs A Covid-19 Test
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test, Explained
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
Safe And Simple Rapid Covid Testing With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration can help Cleveland residents with all of your Covid-19 testing needs. Our nurses come directly to your home for your appointment and can administer the RT-PCR, rapid antigen, rapid Accula, and antibody tests.
We offer progressive discounts for groups, making testing for families effortless. PPO insurance holders may be eligible for partial reimbursement for our services. Give us a call or book an appointment today using the button below!