The Covid-19 pandemic is disrupting all of our daily lives. This is particularly true for businesses, as many have had to find new ways to function. Things that weren’t an issue before, like hosting safe board meetings, now present unique challenges that we must navigate. It is essential to have plans and policies in place to ensure the safety of all board members and employees present at any meetings. With the rise of the Covid-19 delta variant, it is as vital as ever to be diligent with these policies. Thankfully, we can look at CDC guidelines to understand the risks and how to best mitigate them so you can host a safe board meeting during Covid-19.
Guidelines for events and gatherings
If any board members have had symptoms of Covid-19, close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19 or tested positive for Covid-19 themselves, then they should stay home, regardless of vaccination status. People who meet those criteria should not feel pressured to come in. Anyone who tests positive or is suspected of having contracted the virus puts others around them at risk.
The CDC still recommends that people socially distance themselves if possible and wear masks over their nose and mouth when inside, even if vaccinated. Social distancing can mean six feet of separation or separation by physical barriers like sneeze guards or partitions. This is important, even for vaccinated individuals, because it is still possible for them to transmit the virus even if the risk is substantially reduced.
Indoor areas should be well-ventilated and disinfected regularly. Ventilation helps the virus disperse quickly. If you haven’t had your HVAC system looked at recently, now is the time to do so.
All employees should be encouraged to get vaccinated. Vaccinations are our best tool to fight Covid-19. Vaccinated individuals are less likely to contract the virus, and they also have better morbidity and mortality outcomes on the rare occurrence that they do contract it. There are many safe and effective commercially available vaccines.
Anybody who is suspected of having Covid-19 should get a Covid test. However, for gatherings like board meetings where people from many different households will gather for an extended period, the risks are significantly increased. To minimize these risks, employees that will be attending the meeting should get a Covid test. The logistics of this can be complex, so the easiest way is on-site Covid testing.
Types of Covid-19 tests
There are three main types of Covid-19 tests: The standard RT-PCR, the rapid PCR, and the rapid antigen test.
- Standard RT-PCR tests must be sent off to a laboratory where viral RNA is converted to DNA, then amplified. Because of the rigorous process, these tests are the most accurate. Results are available in 3 business days or less.
- Rapid PCR tests use similar technology to their standard RT-PCR cousins. However, these tests can be processed onsite and return results in 30 minutes or less.
- Rapid antigen tests look for proteins that are present on the surface of the virus. These tests, while not as accurate as Standard PCR tests, are good options to test large groups of people at once. They provide results within 15 minutes, which allows for much greater flexibility.
Getting On-site Covid-19 Testing At Your Workplace Is Easy
On-site Covid-19 tests for employees are an asset for any business trying to implement a safety plan. If you’re looking to host a safe board meeting during Covid-19, this is one of the most effective steps you can take, as you can prevent the virus from entering the meeting room. You can either get standard PCR tests 3-4 business days before the meeting or the rapid Accula or rapid antigen test on the day of the board meeting.
The benefit of on-site Covid testing is that it’s easier and more streamlined for your business. Nurses can provide tests right at your corporate office. If you want a safe board meeting during Covid-19, it’s essential to look into on-site Covid testing today.
- 8 Benefits Of Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Your Business
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid-19 Testing For Families With Children
- The Hidden Benefits Of In-Home COVID Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test