The models are booked, the clothes arranged, and the cameras have been dusted off – the photoshoot is ready, but is your photo studio? As Covid-19 restrictions ease and we return to work in person, there may still be feelings of unease about the safety of you and your customers. To help you resume business during the pandemic and alleviate potential customer concerns, we have assembled tips and considerations on how to safely organize a photoshoot.
Preparation for the photoshoot
Whereas some studios and locations may already require Covid-19 testing before photoshoots, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of yourself and your customers. This means laying some ground rules and expectations for employees and customers alike.
Establishing safety protocols allows for clarity and ease on the day of the photoshoot. Whether you’re working on location or working in the studio, we have prepared suggestions on how to safely organize a photoshoot.
The Covid-19 pandemic is not quite behind us yet, and the CDC continues to encourage businesses and employers to implement safety protocols to prevent workplace and customer exposures. Check your state government’s website for the most up-to-date local guidance.
Beyond state-specific rules, the recommendations below reflect government guidance for businesses and employers.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home
- Consider daily in-person or virtual health checks, including Covid-19 testing
- Encourage your staff to stay socially distant during the photoshoot
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environment and increase sanitization protocols, especially for frequently-touched equipment
- Educate employees on how to protect themselves
Specific guidance for photoshoots and clients
Expectations for Covid-19 safety protocols should be communicated to everyone involved before the photoshoot. Below are some suggestions specific to studios to help safely organize a photoshoot.
- Stay home if you are unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms
- Require clients to get tested before the photoshoot or organize on-site testing
- Arrive ready for the photoshoot
- Have models dressed before the photoshoot
- Only bring the essentials
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Wear a mask
- Ensure studio is properly cleaned
- Minimize props to those which can be cleaned
- Use designated pick-up and drop-off locations
- When possible, use outdoor locations for photoshoots
The benefits of on-site testing
A simple and effective way to promote your business and alleviate customer concerns is to advertise on-site or studio Covid-19 testing. This step prevents Covid from entering the studio, significantly improving safety for staff and customers alike.
Although some clients may already regularly test for Covid-19, providing this service as an option maximizes convenience and establishes trust.
- 8 Benefits Of Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Your Business
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- Do You Need To Test Kids For Covid Before They Start School In Phoenix?
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid-19 Testing For Families With Children
- The Hidden Benefits Of In-Home COVID Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
Provide Onsite Covid Tests For Worry-Free Photoshoots
When safely organizing a photoshoot, on-site testing is a practical tool. Depending on the size of the photoshoot, a mobile Covid-19 testing service like Drip Hydration will send a registered nurse or a team of nurses to your studio and administer Covid-19 tests to your customers and/or employees.
Types of tests with same-day results:
- Rapid Antigen Test: Quick and effective test results can be produced in 15 minutes or less. Please be advised that these tests have a 1 in 5 false-negative ratio.
- Rapid PCR Test: For the highest accuracy, speed, and convenience, the Rapid PCR Covid-19 test can provide results in 1-2 hours.
With locations across the US, Drip Hydration provides on-site group Covid testing to ensure a successful photoshoot. We’re excited to help you focus on making sure your clients look their best!