Business owners and event planners eager to resume business may be pleased to learn that incorporating same day Covid testing in Cleveland can help them operate safely in the ‘New Normal’. Here’s how onsite testing can help protect employees and customers alike.
How testing on-site can help keep customers and employees safe
Covid-19 tests are designed to detect an active case of the virus, whether or not a person has symptoms. Early detection helps you take steps to isolate the infected individual and break the chain of virus transmission. Since it only takes one case to cause an outbreak, ongoing testing is especially important in places where people congregate regularly, such as businesses or event venues.
Preventing the spread is especially important as the US has not yet reached herd immunity – the rate at which enough of the population is immune to the virus that it cannot transmit effectively.
In addition to testing, it’s important to take practical steps to protect your workplace or venue. The most recent health guidance for the State of Ohio encourages businesses to follow state requirements about masks and facial coverings. It also supports the CDC’s recommendations for employees to stay socially distant, wash hands frequently, and establish separate operating hours for vulnerable individuals.
What kind of same day tests can you get?
There are two types of same-day Covid tests: rapid antigen and rapid Accula PCR. Both of these tests can be administered quickly and return results within 30 minutes, making them ideal for screening large groups of people at once. There are a few key differences between the tests.
- Rapid antigen: A nasal swab test that identifies the presence of certain proteins located on the exterior of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Although this test is very fast and can return results in 15 minutes, it has a 1 in 5 chance of returning incorrect results.
- Rapid Accula PCR: A highly accurate nasal swab test that detects genetic material belonging to Covid-19. This test can be processed onsite with results available in 30 minutes but has a higher price point than rapid antigen tests.
How can I get same day Covid testing for Cleveland events and businesses?
There are two ways you can get rapid Covid-19 tests in Cleveland. Let’s take a look.
Rapid antigen DIY kits
These kits are designed to be distributed among staff or event attendees and self-administered. Like rapid antigen tests obtained from a clinic or testing center, they can return results within 15 minutes. It’s important to remember that you will need to research the protocols surrounding these tests to make sure you are in compliance with local regulations.
Onsite rapid Covid-19 tests with a medical service
Onsite tests with a medical service give you a wider range of test options since all tests are performed by licensed clinicians. With this option, a nurse or team of nurses will come directly to your location and administer tests to all participating employees. Rapid tests can be processed onsite, after which the nurses will provide further guidance if someone does test positive.
Getting Covid-19 tests with a medical service also takes the headache out of researching and implementing local regulations yourself, as your clinicians will know which forms and paperwork are required.
- How To Get Rapid Covid Testing In Cleveland
- How To Throw A Wedding During Covid-19 in Cleveland
- How To Know If Your Child Needs A Covid-19 Test
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test, Explained
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
Drip Hydration Can Help Keep Events And Workplaces Covid-Free
Drip Hydration can keep Covid out of your workplace or event venue with onsite tests. We offer tests for large and small groups with progressive discounts based on the number of individuals being tested. Our team will ensure all tests are administered professionally in compliance with local regulations.
We will work with you to develop a custom testing plan whether you need a one-time or ongoing solution. Give us a call or click the button below for a custom consultation!