Dallas residents who need a Covid-19 test may need results fast, whether to fulfill travel requirements or because of exposure to the virus. Where can you get a same-day rapid Covid test in Dallas? Which test do you need? Keep reading to learn more.
Choosing the right test
The most common rapid test available at health clinics or mass testing sites is the rapid antigen test. The rapid antigen test produces results in just 15 minutes or less, but is notably less accurate than the RT-PCR, the test with the highest accuracy that is considered the gold standard. Recently, a rapid version of the PCR test has become more widely available, but is not yet as accessible as the rapid antigen.
If you are getting tested to fulfill travel requirements, it’s important to pay attention to what type of test is required. For example, Hawaii’s Pre-travel Covid-19 Testing Program requires a negative PCR test. Showing up with a negative antigen test instead may result in you missing your flight, or worse – being forced to spend your time in Hawaii in quarantine.
It’s also important to check the CDC’s current travel recommendations before you fly to avoid any unexpected surprises at your destination.
Where can I get a same-day rapid Covid-19 test in Dallas?
Dallas residents have several same-day testing options. Some of these locations will require an appointment and/or pre-screening questionnaire.
- CVS Minute Clinic: Tests types available may vary from location to location, so call ahead to ensure you’re getting the right test.
- Dallas Medical Center: Rapid antigen and 24-hour PCR testing
- FrontlineER.com: Rapid antigen testing, walk-ins welcome 24/7
- SolvHealth.com: Search site for appointments for Covid-19 testing of all types
There is always a small risk of exposing yourself or others to Covid-19 at clinics and community testing centers. People who live with those in vulnerable groups may want to consider getting an in-home test.
- 8 Benefits Of Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Your Business
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- Do You Need To Test Kids For Covid Before They Start School In Phoenix?
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid-19 Testing For Families With Children
- The Hidden Benefits Of In-Home COVID Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
Get Tested At Home In Dallas With Drip Hydration
Instead of risking exposure to Covid-19 in the process of getting tested, let Drip Hydration come to you. You can book an appointment online or call to arrange for one of our Registered Nurses to visit your Dallas home and administer Covid-19 tests to you and anyone else in your household who needs a test.