20 Dec Top Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
The internet is full of tips for losing weight that range from hardcore dedication to unrealistic idealism. The truth is that what works for you may not work for someone else, and vice versa. The perfect eating plan for you is going to be unique to your physiology. We’d like to throw our hat in the ring with our top tips for healthy weight loss. These tips are practical and can work for anyone whether you plan to lose two or twenty pounds.
Avoid Fad or Crash Diets
Crash diets may sound appealing. While they may work in the short run, they don’t help you build sustainable habits to make the consistent changes you need for long-term weight management. They also may not promote healthy weight loss and can cause damage to your body.
Crash diets also don’t take into account what works best for your body, nor do they help you learn what kind of foods work best for you to maintain a healthy waistline. Healthy weight loss takes time, but it’s better for your habits, routine, and overall wellness in the long run.
- Top tip: It may take some trial and error, but take the time to figure out what kinds of food work best with your metabolism without compromising a nutritious diet. Our Gut Microbiome lab test can help identify what kind of flora is in your digestive system and can help inform your diet choices.
Make Changes to Your Diet Gradually
Going cold turkey on a new diet may sound tempting, especially with the pressures of social media to reinvent yourself overnight. However, the goal for maintaining your weight and waistline is to be consistent. It’s easier to commit to a new routine when you make small changes over time, fitting new pieces into your lifestyle.
Avoid committing to an unsustainable goal. Instead, set attainable milestones and work towards them over time. Healthy weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!
- Top tip: Pick a couple of items you want to substitute with healthier options and give yourself time to get used to the change before making further adjustments to your diet. You’ll find yourself in a comfortable, new routine before you know it.
You no doubt expected to see this tip on this list, but it’s absolutely worth mentioning. Exercise is great for keeping your entire body healthy in the long term, not just for short-term weight loss.
Exercise helps keep your cardiovascular system healthy, improves your quality of sleep, keeps your immune system strong, helps prevent conditions such as type 2 diabetes, and helps you feel and look your best, just to name a few. Combined with a nutritious diet, you’ll enjoy whole-body wellness for years to come.
- Top tip: Choose a type of exercise you enjoy. It’s much easier to get out of bed and lace up your trainers when you aren’t dreading your workout. Don’t feel pressured about doing a type of exercise that just doesn’t work for you. Whatever you choose to do, you’re getting out there and being active, after all!
Hydration is essential to whole-body health, but it’s easy to overlook when you’ve got a busy schedule. Staying hydrated helps your cells do their job as smoothly as possible and keep you in top health.
Your cells need a baseline of fluids to function normally. Dehydration puts extra stress on your cells and makes it that much harder for your body to operate at its best. Dehydration can contribute to headaches, low energy, an impaired metabolism, and make it much harder to perform when you’re at the gym.
- Top tip: Keep packets of dry electrolyte solution with you whether it’s in a backpack, purse, or in your car. That way, you’ll have an easy way to get fully hydrated and restore lost nutrients whenever you need it.
Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is the best medicine, and it’s also an essential part of helping you maintain your weight. A consistent lack of sleep may contribute to obesity and type 2 diabetes. A lack of sleep can change the way you approach your food choices, and may also impact how efficiently your metabolism functions.
Of course, getting enough sleep is great for more than your waistline. Adequate sleep can improve your mood, focus and concentration, memory, alertness, promote a healthy immune system, and so much more.
If you think you may have sleep debt, don’t fret. It will take time, but you can catch up on the accumulation of lost sleep. Book an extra hour of sleep on the weekends in addition to 8 hours on weeknights and you’ll be caught up in no time.
- Top tip: Take some time to make your bedroom into a sleep palace. Change out your pillows and mattress for a luxurious sleeping experience, make sure your room is cool and quiet, and invest in a sound machine if you happen to have noisy neighbors.
Be Consistent With Your Diet and Exercise
Losing weight is only half the battle. You’ll also want to maintain your weight once you’ve reached your goal. Choosing healthy food options and an exercise routine that fits well with your routine will go a long way towards helping you stay on the path of weight management.
There will be days you indulge, especially during celebrations or holidays, but you can offset those days by being consistent the rest of the year.
- Top tip: It’s normal to want transformative, overnight change, but the reality is that weight management is a marathon, not a sprint. Be patient and you’ll feel and see the results of your dedication in time.
Drip Hydration: Your Secret Weapon for Weight Management, Delivered to You
IV Weight Loss treatments are an easy and convenient way to help you achieve your health goals. Drip Hydration brings IV treatments directly to you at home, at a hotel, at the office, or even at the gym. Our treatments take 30 – 45 minutes to administer and can be scheduled in advance, making it that much easier to attain a healthier, happier you.
Have questions? Want to know more about the types of places we service? Give us a call. We’re more than happy to answer anything you want to know about Drip Hydration and our IV services.