Where Can You Find Covid-19 Testing Walk-In Clinics In Sacramento?
Sacramento residents in need of Covid-19 testing often want to get it over with as soon as possible. Walk-in clinics seem like the ideal option, but they may not be the right choice for everyone. Read on to determine if walk-in clinics in Sacramento are right for you.
What you need to know
Only certain Covid-19 testing sites and services are open to walk-in patients. This applies to both public and private Sacramento clinics. Because a brief health screen is necessary before administering the test, the majority of walk-in clinics require you to register on their website first. Once you have registered and completed the health survey online, then you can go to the clinic at your convenience to get tested.
You should also check that there are no age limitations on walk-in Covid-19 testing services that may affect you. (ie, walk-in services only for seniors or children)
Is getting tested for Covid-19 at walk-in clinics in Sacramento right for me?
Only you can determine what your best option is, but it’s important to make an informed decision. Here are some aspects of walk-in clinics to consider:
- Walk-in clinics often have areas where people must congregate, whether standing in line, or waiting in a reception area, increasing your chance of exposure.
- Most of the clinics offering same-day Covid-19 testing services also offer other health services or are located at urgent care centers- places where sick people need to go to get treatment. This naturally poses a risk of exposure to the virus during the process of getting tested.
- You need to travel in order to get to a clinic, costing you both transit and waiting time that busy Sacramento residents may not have to spare.
- If you need to get a child tested, not all walk-in clinics can provide tests to children under certain age thresholds, so you may need to travel farther to get to one that can accommodate your kid.
What is the safest alternative to getting tested at a walk-in clinic?
If you need to limit your exposure to the virus as much as possible and are in need of testing, you may want to consider in-home Covid-19 testing with an onsite medical services provider like Drip Hydration. This service will send a nurse to your home to administer a Covid-19 test to you and your family.
Depending on the type of test you choose, the nurse will either tell you your results or bring the test samples back for lab processing. Staying home avoids the risk of exposure presented by other testing options that require you to leave your home.
Covid-19 testing walk-in clinics in Sacramento County
- Sacramento County (select locations)
- CVS (select locations)
- Urgent Care Now Clinics (select locations)
- Solv – allows you to book same-day health services online
- Can You Get Free Covid-19 Testing In Sacramento?
- What Are The Rules Of Running A Sacramento Restaurant During Covid-19?
- How Are Covid-19 Regulations Affecting Local Businesses In Sacramento?
- When Can Sacramento Achieve Herd Immunity?
- The Importance Of Covid-19 Testing And Contact Tracing In Sacramento For Businesses
- Are Sacramento Nursing Home Residents In Danger From A Covid-19 Outbreak?
- When Will Sacramento Teachers Get Their Vaccines?
Let Drip Hydration Test You Safely At Home
Contact Drip Hydration to book an at-home Covid-19 test today. You can book online in as little as 24 hours in advance. People with young children and/or who have special medical needs can remain in the comfort of their own home and feel confident in having a medical professional administer the test.
We offer progressive group discounts, and PPO insurance holders may be eligible for partial reimbursement of our services, so in-home testing is not as expensive as you might think. We’re just a click or phone call away!