Since it was announced that capacity and mask restrictions will be lifted for DC businesses as of June 11, business owners and entrepreneurs are excited to resume business and welcome customers back this summer. But with this comes the duty to reopen safely and prevent the further spread of Covid-19. Read on to learn more about the last Washington DC Covid restrictions and how to reopen safely.
The countdown to Washington DC being Covid-19 restrictions-free
Here are some relevant dates and facts to remember in the final stretch of restrictions. You should note that while restrictions will no longer be legally enforced, businesses are free to require masks and practice social distancing as they see fit.
As of May 21
- Bars and nightclubs can operate at 50% capacity
- Capacity restrictions for restaurants, malls, gyms, retail, and other businesses have been lifted
- Fully vaccinated people can go unmasked EXCEPT in public transportation, school, and healthcare settings
- Large-scale venues can open at limited capacity through the waiver system
As of June 7
- Up to 50% of government employees will return to their offices
As of June 11
- Bars, nightclubs, and large scale venues can operate at full capacity
- Outside dining will remain in place for now, potentially for years
- Dancing is once again permitted
As of July 12th
- All government employees will be required to return to work
The importance of testing
Even after Washington DC Covid restrictions have been lifted, it’s still important to take precautions. Employee testing for Covid-19 regularly has proven to be a valuable tool for business owners to maintain smooth operations in the New Normal.
Regular testing allows you to prevent anyone who is infected from entering the workplace and causing an outbreak. It also allows you to strategically group employees when scheduling so that you can always have backup staff available if someone tests positive.
Drip Hydration Can Help You Reopen to Stay Open
If you are a business owner or event planner in need of on-site Covid-19 testing services, Drip Hydration can help. We can consult with you and help you create a Covid-19 Safety Plan that’s practical to manage and effective in preventing transmission. Our Registered Nurses will come to your work or event space and administer Covid-19 tests to employees, vendors, and/or attendees.
We offer group discounts as well as incentives for ongoing contracts. Our mobile Covid-19 testing services include RT-PCR, rapid antigen, and Rapid Accula PCR on-site testing. We’re ready to answer your questions and help you get back to business. Call or click the button below to make an appointment today!