The pandemic put a lot of wedding plans on hold, but with 47% of Californians fully vaccinated and wedding season finally here, many couples are looking towards finally making their union official. Covid-19 testing can help you safely throw a wedding party in Sacramento, and here’s how.
The importance of Covid-19 for a safe wedding
Covid-19 testing can identify whether someone has an active infection, helping you quickly take steps to isolate them from other guests and break the chain of transmission. The test itself is a nasal swab that only takes a couple of minutes to administer.
Further, California’s latest guidance for private gatherings limits the number of guests that can attend indoor events depending on the county’s current risk level. You can increase the maximum number of guests if they show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test. Providing these tests for your guests onsite is a convenient way to ensure everyone meets these requirements.
In addition to this guidance, the CDC regularly updates its recommendations for large social gatherings to help you provide the safest possible environment for your guests.
What are your testing options?
Tests obtained from traditional testing centers, clinics, and drive-through locations generally need to be processed at a lab, and results may take three or more business days – not an ideal timeframe for a wedding weekend.
Fortunately, advances in testing technology have produced tests with same-day results. These rapid tests can be quickly administered to large groups of people and ensure that everyone is Covid-free – whether or not they are showing symptoms.
There are two types of tests that can provide results in 30 minutes or less.
- Rapid antigen: A nasal swab tests that detects certain proteins coating the exterior of the Covid-19 virus. This test can return results in 15 minutes.
- Accula rapid PCR: A nasal swab test that is designed to detect specific genetic markers belonging to SARS-CoV-2. This test is highly accurate and returns results in 30 minutes.
Tips for hosting a safe wedding
There are several key ways you can reduce the risk of accidental virus transmission.
Choose a safe venue
Covid-19 spreads primarily through the air, so choosing a well-ventilated or outdoor venue can greatly reduce how long the virus lingers in the air. Before you tour your potential venues, develop a risk assessment checklist to help you keep track of how well each location meets certain standards.
This plan should include Covid-19 specific considerations, such as:
- Whether the location is well ventilated or not
- How recent the latest HVAC maintenance was
- If the space is large enough to accommodate all of your guests in compliance with social distancing
- The procedures the venue uses to sanitize the location between parties
Set guest expectations
You alone cannot prevent the spread of Covid-19. Your guests will have to work with you to prevent the virus from entering the event. To that end, it’s important to communicate what guests should expect and consider asking guests to respect the following:
- Request that guests stay home if they are waiting for Covid-19 test results or are currently sick
- Arrange the venue to facilitate social distancing by setting tables 6 feet apart, limiting the number of guests per table, and removing the dancefloor to reduce the chance of virus transmission
- Encourage everyone to practice social distancing during the wedding and afterparty
- Encourage all guests to bring and wear masks during the event
- Provide hand sanitizer stations for guest use
- Have your guests bring a negative Covid-19 test result with them or have them sign up for onsite Covid-19 testing
Vet your vendors
Talk with your vendors to find out what policies and procedures their staff take to keep their workplace and staff healthy, thereby minimizing virus transmission. This is especially important since caterers and servers will be in close proximity to your guests.
Questions to ask include their protocols for:
- Testing their staff for Covid-19
- Measures they use to sanitize their equipment, prepare food, etc,.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) that staff will wear during the event
- The Covid-19 training they have provided for their staff
- Where To Find Rapid COVID Testing In Sacramento
- The Importance Of Covid-19 Testing And Contact Tracing In Sacramento For Businesses
- Where Can You Find Covid-19 Testing Walk-In Clinics In Sacramento?
- Can You Get Free Covid-19 Testing In Sacramento?
- When Can Sacramento Achieve Herd Immunity?
- Are Sacramento Nursing Home Residents In Danger From A Covid-19 Outbreak?
- What Are The Rules Of Running A Sacramento Restaurant During Covid-19?
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- When Will Sacramento Teachers Get Their Vaccines?
Onsite Testing For Your Wedding During Covid-19 in Sacramento
Having a wedding during a pandemic is a challenge, but you can keep your guests safe by planning ahead and getting Covid-19 tests.
Drip Hydration provides onsite testing for weddings and bachelor/bachelorette parties in Sacramento. Our registered nurses can quickly test all guests and provide results within 30 minutes so you can rest assured that all of your wedding is Covid-free. If someone does test positive, our nurses can provide medical guidance as to your next steps.
Book a consultation with the button below or by giving us a call. We will help ensure that your big day is a celebration to remember.