A health retreat provides a break from your routine and allows you to socialize and grow in meaningful ways. Hosting a health retreat provides you the chance to meet like-minded individuals in a tranquil setting, with many connections arriving via the internet and building through social media.
What is a wellness party?
In essence, wellness events are engaging methods to promote wellbeing and foster connections. They resemble large health fairs, but they are far more enjoyable than visiting a hospital. Importantly, wellness events specialize in simplifying complex health issues through enjoyable activities and engaging instruction.
What does a good wellness party have?
Your wellness party might include everything from a survival camp to a detox cleanse. You can tailor the event for a specific group of people, like business owners, or even organize it for a specific company. The theme options are limitless and it all depends on your creativity and budget.
Once you’ve decided on a theme, creating the activities is simple—at least, until you start to run out of ideas. Since wellness is a broad area, you may creatively modify each activity to ensure that it adheres to most themes.
By collaborating with guest speakers, you may distribute the workload and delegate control of key retreat activities. The guest speakers have a wellness background and speak about something related to your event.
Pick a Venue
Choose a location for your retreat that can accommodate a full attendance after you have an idea of how many individuals could come. You should also start thinking about things like how visitors will get there at this point. Here are some ideas you can pursue:
- Low-budget venue for small wellness party: this could be a lake/beach house that you can rent for a weekend and it’s a great idea if you are organizing a wellness party for a few people.
- High-budget venue for large wellness party: this could be an event center that can accommodate a lot of guests. Although it’s a more expensive option if you have a lot of people coming to the party you will need the space.
- Outdoors wellness party: this could be a National park you can rent from the authorities or get permission from the city to organize such an event.
For a wellness party to be successful and talked about for months or years you will need to invite the right people.
It sounds simple enough but to get the invitation through to those who are really interested in such events you need to answer a few questions:
- Who could be interested in such a party?
- Will they be able to afford the cost and will they want to spend their money on it?
- Is there a way I can make it a free event and gather sponsorship to cover the cost of everything?
- Will people need transportation or there is enough parking for everyone to get there by themselves?
Once you have an answer to all of these questions you will have a rough estimate of how many people might attend so you can move forward with considering a venue.
If you don’t provide your timetable, visitors will surely wonder what you’ll be doing. It might not go as they had planned once they arrived at the wellness party. The most expert approach to conduct a retreat is with an agenda. Make sure the party agenda is available to all visitors.
Ideally, you ought to let visitors pick and select which events they want to go to. The schedule should include the following:
- Reception: During this reception, everyone receives snacks or drinks while they wait for the retreat to start.
- Introduction: Your first meeting should introduce your attendees to the location and staff, just like the first day of a class. This makes sure that attendees are aware of what to do while they wait for the festivities to begin.
- Modules: You can stay on track if everything is well coordinated. Depending on the situation, you could have more time if a speaker takes less time to talk or you might start to lag behind. You’ll be more likely to better coordinate everything if you have a documented timetable.
- Meal breaks: The most comfort for your visitors may come from serving a buffet-style breakfast and lunch if your retreat begins in the morning rather than sit-down meals.
- Rest breaks: Avoid scheduling consecutive events. Allow attendees to pause for at least 10 minutes in between events. Rest breaks offer your speakers a chance to refuel and assist maintain attendance throughout the day.
Make Sure Your Guests Are Prepared For The Occasion
Communicate with your visitors in advance of the wellness party to ensure that it goes well. You can keep back a few surprises, but it’s better to establish the tone for the weekend. Make sure you let them know what to expect so they can prepare accordingly:
- Dress code: what your guests should wear will depend on what you are planning. If it’s a cozy gathering your guests might feel better if they are in sweatpants and a shirt while if it’s something like a yoga retreat, gym clothes would be the proper dress code.
- Make a list of what your guests will need to bring with them: forgetting an important piece of equipment might ruin the entire experience of the wellness party for you guests so make sure you remind them of anything they might need to bring with them.
- Food preference: ask your guests if they have a certain food preference. Some of them might eat meat while others are vegan and if you have only one option your guests will not like it.
Wellness Party Recommendations for California
Travelers looking to improve their level of fitness, health, and inner tranquility have long considered California to be a destination. From the beachy yoga scene in Southern California to the breezy Central Coast and isolated northern areas, retreats may be found all throughout the Golden State. These locations may be the best fit for you based on where you are.
Wellness Party In Los Angeles
LA has a great wellness culture and offers variety of ways to organize wellness party. Here are a few locations and ideas.
- Los Angeles State Historic Park
The LA State historic park is one of the most famous spots in LA and one of the best outdoor locations you can pick to host a wellness event with a lot of activities.
- Santa Monica Mountains
The Santa Monica Mountains are another place you could organize an outdoor wellness party in Los Angeles with plenty of space to host a plethora of exciting activities.
- Andaz West Hollywood
Andaz is an amazing indoor venue for organizing your wellness event. It has everything you need and beyond. It’s definitely one of the best places in LA to organize an indoor wellness party.
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel
The Omni Los Angeles Hotel is another venue filled with breathtaking views in the heart of LA. It has a lot of space and different settings for organizing all kinds of events, including wellness parties.
Wellness Party In San Diego
San Diego is a city with a lively wellness community. Here are a few places that you should certainly consider.
- Channel Island
Channel Island is a great place to organize an outdoor wellness party. It’s close to San Diego and a perfect place for a retreat filled with lots of outdoor activities.
- Death Valley
Although it has a scary name, the Death Valley is a great place to organize an event. It’s spacious and has the potential of being a truly wonderful experience because it offers many diverse wildlife and surroundings.
- The Lane
This venue has beautiful views and 12,000 square feet of versatile interior that you can rent for your wellness party.
InterContinental is another great venue you can rent for your wellness retreat. It offers a few different settings for organizing events which is exactly what you need when organizing a wellness party.
Wellness Party In San Francisco
The wellness movement rapidly growing in San Francisco. Read on to discover some of the best locations that this city has to offer.
- Mandala Springs
This venue is an amazing place for retreats such as wellness parties. When you get to the venue it truly feels like you are stepping into another beautiful world.
- Point Reyes
Point Reyes is a great place to organize your wellness event because it is very versatile and allows you to be creative with the activities you can include.
- 715 Harrison St
This venue is a little different but overall a great place to organize an event. It’s quite spacious and it can fit a lot of people as well as adapt to your liking and specific needs.
- The Midway
The Midway is a very creative complex with lots of space. It’s also very urban and every inch of it screams innovation. A wellness party can fit nicely with this type of venue.
Wellness Party In Orange County
Orange County has a lot to offer when it comes to wellness, here are some of the best places you should consider for your party.
- Bolsa Chica State Beach
Bolsa Chica is a great outdoor spot to organize your event because it’s on the beach where you can have a lot of fun activities planned especially in the summer months.
- Crystal Cove State Park
This state park is one of the best places in Orange County to have an outdoor wellness event. It offers various hiking trails as well as boating as part of the activities you can include in your party.
- The Yost Theater
The Yost Theater is one of the oldest and most versatile venues for organizing events. This as well as the 1000 guests capacity makes it perfect for wellness parties in Orange county.
- Hangar 21
Hangar 21 is a unique venue where you can organize an event. It is designed with a large open floor plan which makes it very versatile and capable of change.
Wellness Party In Santa Barbara
Enjoy the sunshine and the have a rejuvenating time on the coast, parks or spa centers. Check out some of the best locations available for wellness parties in Santa Barbara:
- Zaca Creek
This venue is an outdoor events venue that specializes in weddings but it’s also available for different types of events. It’s truly a breathtaking venue that perfectly fits a wellness event.
- Zaca Mesa Winery & Vineyards
Another great venue that you can use for your outdoor wellness event is this one. It has a capacity of up to 500 guests and it has the potential of organizing different types of activities.
- Impact Hub Santa Barbara
This venue has the capacity of up to 300 guests and it’s quite a unique indoor venue that can host a wellness event. It’s spacious and versatile which is exactly what a wellness party needs.
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore
Another great venue with the capacity of up to 500 guest capacity. It has a few different spaces to rent for your wellness party and they are all able to be adapted to your needs and planned activities.
Wellness Party In Sacramento
Sacramento has a rapidly growing wellness culture and offers a variety of ways to organize a wellness party. Here is a list of some of the best places available.
- Redwood National Park
Redwood National park is home of the tallest trees in the world as well as home to lots of wildlife. It’s a great place to organize a wellness event because it allows you to plan for many different wellness related activities.
- Sequoia National Park
The Sequoia National park is an amazing place to host a wellness party. It features huge mountains, deep canyons, vast caverns and rugged foothills which you can explore as part of your activities.
- Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
This venue is one of the top rated venues in Sacramento and it lives up to the hype. It’s an amazing venue for your wellness retreat and it can accommodate up to 300 standing guests.
Vizcaya is a unique venue that hosts all kinds of events. It can accommodate up to 240 guests and it’s a great place to organize a wellness event for your company.
Wellness Party In Palo Alto
Check out some of the best places in Palo Alto that you should consider when organizing a wellness party.
- Palo Alto Event Center
This outdoor venue is available for renting and organizing all kinds of events and parties. It’s quite spacious and versatile as it features a swimming pool as well as indoor event spaces in case the weather worsens.
- Mitchell Park Community Center
This is an environmentally friendly venue that offers to host events. It’s one of the largest outdoor spaces in Palo Alto where you can host your wellness party.
- Opal Event Center
This venue in Palo Alto is one of the best event venues in the area. It is versatile and able to adapt to any type of event and it can accommodate up to 300 standing guests.
- The Ameswell Hotel
A non-typical event venue which is great for wellness events and wellness parties. The venue has both indoor and outdoor settings and it’s fully equipped to deal with different activity requests.
Elevate Your Event with Drip Hydration
Whatever the occasion, Drip Hydration is here to keep your guests healthy and hydrated.
Our nurses are on-call to deliver IV Therapy, Wellness Shots & Covid Testing directly to your event.
We activate at events in a variety of ways including:
- Guest-facing Drip Hydration booth
- VIP Rejuvenation Lounge
- Backstage nursing team for VIPs, artists, and staff
- Small and large group wellness parties