Do you have a headache or nausea after a late night out drinking with your friends? Hangovers are a common occurrence for people around the world, and most have experienced one at some time or another. No one likes not feeling well in any aspect. Knowing how to treat a hangover is a great piece of knowledge to have. Whether you need the information for yourself or someone you know, it will most likely come in handy sometime. Let’s look at some things that can help a hangover.
The most important thing to do as soon as possible when you have a hangover is to get more hydrated. You can do this by drinking a lot of fluids, getting proper nutrition, or IV drip therapy. The things that your body intakes during a hangover are super important. You want to be able to ease symptoms and recover from them faster rather than make them any worse. In this article, we will look at some of the foods to eat to help heal a hangover and also some of the foods to avoid during a hangover.
Foods to eat during a hangover
Certain foods may help ease your symptoms and help rejuvenate your body during a hangover. Some of these foods are:
- Eggs- These are soft and bland food that will help your body get some strength to heal. Just make sure not to eat it with a bunch of oils.
- Ginger- is known to help settle the stomach.
- Toast- Carbohydrates tend to help cure a hangover. It is also bland and will be easy on the stomach.
- Chicken soup- this is a staple to help feel better. It helps the body become hydrated and helps to replace sodium levels.
- Banana- This will help replenish potassium levels after a night of drinking.
Staying hydrated is the most important during a hangover, and drinking fluids like water, tea, coconut water, and sports drinks is going to benefit you. Be sure to avoid soda and much caffeine.
Foods to avoid during a hangover
Some foods are best to avoid when you have a hangover. To avoid worsening symptoms or a prolonged hangover, make sure to avoid these foods:
- Fried or oily foods- contrary to old wives’ tales saying to eat a burger and fries during a hangover, oily foods can actually cause nausea caused by a hangover to get worse.
- Excess meat- too much protein during a hangover can cause a headache to feel worse.
- Coffee- caffeine is known to dehydrate, which is not a good thing during a hangover. You want the opposite: more hydration!
- Alcohol- This one should be obvious, but more alcohol can cause the hangover to be prolonged and further upset the stomach.
IV treatments for a hangover
You may be surprised that you can actually get rid of a hangover very quickly if the proper measures are taken. It is important to get the proper nutrition and extra hydration to heal a hangover. IV treatments are a great option to get rid of a hangover in the fastest way possible. This is because IV treatments deliver fast hydration and nutrients directly into your bloodstream. There is no need to wait for the digestive system to get the hydration and vitamins, and nutrients from food. IV therapy is a quick and easy way to feel better from a hangover. It also is a great option in case you are unable to ingest many nutrients through foods or drinks due to nausea.
In-Home IV Treatments With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration offers mobile IV therapy in the comfort of your home. Once you book your appointment, a certified nurse will come to your desired location and administer the treatment, which usually takes less than an hour. During this time, you can do anything you’d like, such as relax under a warm blanket or watch TV. Drip Hydration will also go to hotels, worksites, or other locations upon request.
You can either browse our treatment options and decide which is best for you or speak to a representative who can help you choose what you need based on your health goals. To schedule your appointment or learn more, contact us today!