There are many benefits to getting a flu shot each year. You can get a yearly flu shot in Washington, DC.
Let’s discuss why it’s important to get an annual flu shot and why an in-home vaccine is the safest way to get one.
Why Get a Flu Shot?
The most obvious benefit of getting a flu vaccine is that it prevents you from getting the flu in the first place. However, you can still get the flu if you have been vaccinated, but your symptoms will be milder if you get sick but have been vaccinated. The flu vaccine also lowers the risk of flu-related complications and hospitalizations for elderly people, pregnant women, infants, children, and certain health conditions, such as diabetes and heart or lung disease.
The flu vaccine is very safe for most people, and contrary to popular belief, it will not give you the flu. The flu vaccine is made from either an inactivated form of the virus or parts of the virus that cannot cause the flu. However, you may experience redness, swelling, or soreness in the area where you got the shot, a low fever, and/or chills or a headache.
Why is an In-Home Vaccine the Safest Way to Get Vaccinated?
An in-home vaccine is the safest way to get vaccinated against influenza because you do not need to risk being exposed to the flu by getting the shot at a doctor’s office or pharmacy. The only person you will come into contact with for an in-home vaccination is the professional who administers the shot.
Contact Drip Hydration today to schedule your in-home flu shot in Washington, DC.
- How To Know The Difference Between Flu And Covid-19
- Flu Shot FAQ
- What Is The Cost Of A Flu Shot?
- What Ingredients Are In A Flu Shot?
- Why Do You Feel Fatigued After Getting A Flu Shot?
- Is The Flu Shot Safe For Seniors?
- Are Redness And Swelling Normal Flu Shot Symptoms?
- Is It Possible To Get The Flu From A Flu Shot?
- Should You Get A Flu Shot While Pregnant Or Breastfeeding?
- Can You Get A Flu Shot While Sick?
- When Should Children Begin Getting Flu Shots?
- How Effective Is A Flu Shot?
- What Flu Shot Side Effects Can You Expect?
- When Is The Best Time To Get A Flu Shot?
Safe, At-Home Flu Shots And Covid-19 Tests
Getting a flu shot is a quick and easy way to protect yourself and those around you from contracting influenza. Drip Hydration makes getting your yearly shot effortless with in-home medical care. One of our registered nurses will arrive at your home to administer the vaccine. Our nurses wear medical-grade personal protective equipment and adhere to social distancing as much as possible during your appointment to help ensure your safety.