There’s a lot of buzz about weight loss IV therapy. While this treatment can go a long ways towards helping you trim your waistline, there are a lot of misconceptions about what IV weight loss drips can and can’t actually do for you.
- Weight loss IV therapy combines lipotropics, hydrating fluids, and a special formulation of vitamins to help boost your metabolism.
- Weight loss IV therapy is a great cotherapy alongside exercise, healthy eating, and an active lifestyle.
- IV weight loss treatments cannot replace exercise, act as a nutrition substitute, or fix metabolic disorders.
- Eating right, exercising, and getting enough rest are key for healthy weight loss.
- Losing weight is only half the battle. Maintaining your gains – and losses – is important for helping you maintain your long-term health.
How Does Weight Loss IV Therapy Work?
Our IV treatment for weight loss is designed to help you burn fat. However, this therapy is not a magic cure-all. Instead, this treatment is an ideal adjunct treatment, meaning that it is most effective in conjunction with healthy eating and regular exercise.
Our formula contains a unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and lipotropics that can help accelerate your metabolism. The lipotropics in this formula, which are compounds that help your body break down fat naturally, help you burn calories faster.
In addition to boosting your metabolism at the cellular level, IV therapy naturally detoxifies your body by removing heavy metals that can cause damage to your cells. Your body can process heavy metals naturally in small amounts, but overexposure can lead to heavy metal toxicity and further cell damage. Over time, this added damage ages your body and contributes to a slower metabolism sooner.
Heavy metals may occur naturally in food, from your environment, or even your workplace. These metals include mercury, lead, and cadmium, among others. Regular IV weight loss treatments can help remove these metals and prevent the damage that leads to premature aging and a slower metabolism.
Similarly, our IV treatment helps remove free radicals from your body that contribute to cell damage, aging, and changes in your metabolism. Free radicals are unpaired electrons that your body naturally produces on a given day. Both your metabolism and exercise produce free radicals. Our IV therapy can help you enjoy the health benefits of exercise without the cellular damage. In turn, you can slow the rate at which your metabolism is slowing.
Lastly, our Weight Loss IV contains energy-boosting ingredients such as B-complex vitamins and vitamin C that can help combat fatigue. You can not only take on the challenges of the day, you’ll have that extra edge whether you’re doing reps at the gym or running laps at the track.
We are expanding to new locations serving At-Home IV Drips
What IV Treatments for Weight Loss Can Do For You
There’s no way around the fact that your body’s metabolism naturally slows down over time. IV weight loss therapy helps your body counteract this natural slowdown by delivering a carefully-formulated blend of energy and metabolism-boosting vitamins into your body.
The added benefits of lipotropics – supplements that specifically improve your body’s ability to metabolise fat and prevent the buildup of fat in the liver – helps your body remove excess fat that much more quickly.
On top of these, there is a link between dehydration and weight loss. In fact, staying hydrated is important to help your body use energy and burn fat to the best of its ability. IV therapy provides your body with the hydration it needs to keep your body in top condition and keep the excess pounds off.
IV Weight Loss Drips CAN:
- Give you more energy in day-to-day life
- Boost the speed of your metabolism and more effectively convert food into energy
- Help you burn fat more efficiently
- Support your circulatory system
- Help build and support muscle growth
When combined with regular exercise and a healthy, balanced diet, IV weight loss treatments will help you shed those extra pounds quickly.
What IV Weight Loss Drips Can’t Do
As amazing as IV weight loss drips are, they aren’t a cure-all. There are limits to how effective this type of IV therapy can be without lifestyle changes such as regular exercise or making healthy eating choices.
IV Weight Loss Drips CANNOT:
- Replace a healthy eating regimen
- Act as a substitute for exercise
- Act as a nutritive substitute
- Fix metabolic disorders
- Fix sedentary lifestyles
In order to get the maximum benefit of IV weight loss drips, eating well and exercising at least three times per week is a great place to start. IV weight loss treatments are intended to supplement healthy lifestyle habits and help you maintain your optimal weight over time.
Why Weight Loss IV Therapy Works
IV weight loss therapy might sound too good to be true, but here’s the science behind why it works. It all comes down to what’s in the IV bag.
Our weight loss formula includes:
- IV Fluids: The IV solution used in weight loss drips rehydrates your body so that you can burn fat efficiently and restores fluids you may have lost during exercise.
- Vitamin C: A vitamin that plays many roles throughout your body. Helps weight loss by maintaining muscle growth and structure. Vitamin C also supports your circulatory system, which is crucial to help you stay your strongest for every workout.
- B-Complex Vitamins: A complex of 8 different vitamins that perform a range of vital functions including cardiovascular support, helping your body metabolize food, and boosting energy levels so you’ll finish your workout feeling strong and revitalized.
- Methionine Inositol Choline (MIC): Lipotropic (fat burning) substances that specifically target fatty deposits, improve your body’s ability to metabolise these deposits, and help to remove fat from your body.
- L-Carnitine: A metabolic support supplement that has the dual benefit of reducing fat mass and increases muscle mass.
In addition to these ingredients, we offer select add-ons such as anti-inflammatory medication, B12 shots, and more to address your specific health needs.
Wegovy Weight Loss Treatment: What is It and How Can It Help Me?
Wegovy is a once-weekly injectable prescription medicine for long-term weight loss. It is designed for adults with obesity and excess weight who have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or above or a BMI of 27 or above with further weight related health issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol. Wegovy arrives packaged as a liquid solution in a prefilled and disposable, single dose pen to be used as a self-administered injection.
Semaglutide, the active drug in Wegovy, belongs to a family of drugs referred to as glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists. Recently approved by the FDA to support chronic weight management, semaglutide mimics GLP-1, a vital regulator of both weight and blood sugar.
GLP-1 also aids in appetite suppression through the brain, accelerating release of insulin and delaying stomach emptying to heighten the feeling of fullness. All of this works together to curtail appetite, helping you eat less and resulting in weight loss.
How Wegovy Weight Loss Treatment Works
Wegovy may be a different method than you’ve previously encountered, but worry not as the process is in no way intimidating. Simply book a lab draw at home or by visiting a nearby Quest diagnostics lab, followed up with an online consultation with your medical provider.
Once your doctor has reviewed your medical history and evaluated you, your prescription will then be sent to a local pharmacy. Your supply of Wegovy will be delivered directly to your home, where you will self-administer your Wegovy injection according to your doctor’s orders.
Wegovy works by stimulating GLP-1 receptors within the pancreas, increasing the release of insulin and decreasing the release of glucagon. These combined actions bring on glucose homeostasis, triggering the burning of stored fat for energy. During a 68 week medical study, over 1,900 adults with excess weight or obesity with at least one medical related issue averaged 35 pounds (or 15% percent of their body weight) lost while using Wegovy.
Wegovy medication and treatment is most successful when viewed as part of an encompassing weight loss program. This plan may feature weight management techniques such as a reduced calorie meal plan and/or or increased physical activity as determined by a physician. The use of Wegovy without the addition of exercise and adjusted diet is not likely to result in the desired outcome of weight loss.
What are the side effects of Wegovy?
Potential side effects are limited in number and rather minimal, typically consisting of nausea, constipation or diarrhea. Most of these symptoms dissipate quickly if experienced at all.
Wegovy does contain semaglutide, so it must not be used alongside other products containing semaglutide or additional GLP-1 receptor agonist medications. It’s important to disclose all medications you are taking when speaking with your doctor to help avoid unwanted side effects or drug interactions.
Clinically tested in years-long studies and clinically approved by the FDA, Wegovy is considered to be a long-term medication. If it is helping you lose weight safely and you are responding to it well, it is advised that you continue using Wegovy until you see your desired effects.
Top Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
The internet is full of tips for losing weight that range from hardcore dedication to unrealistic idealism. The truth is that what works for you may not work for someone else, and vice versa. The perfect eating plan for you is going to be unique to your physiology. We’d like to throw our hat in the ring with our top tips for healthy weight loss. These tips are practical and can work for anyone whether you plan to lose two or twenty pounds.
Avoid Fad or Crash Diets
Crash diets may sound appealing. While they may work in the short run, they don’t help you build sustainable habits to make the consistent changes you need for long-term weight management. They also may not promote healthy weight loss and can cause damage to your body.
Crash diets also don’t take into account what works best for your body, nor do they help you learn what kind of foods work best for you to maintain a healthy waistline. Healthy weight loss takes time, but it’s better for your habits, routine, and overall wellness in the long run.
- Top tip: It may take some trial and error, but take the time to figure out what kinds of food work best with your metabolism without compromising a nutritious diet. Our Gut Microbiome lab test can help identify what kind of flora is in your digestive system and can help inform your diet choices.
Make Changes to Your Diet Gradually
Going cold turkey on a new diet may sound tempting, especially with the pressures of social media to reinvent yourself overnight. However, the goal for maintaining your weight and waistline is to be consistent. It’s easier to commit to a new routine when you make small changes over time, fitting new pieces into your lifestyle.
Avoid committing to an unsustainable goal. Instead, set attainable milestones and work towards them over time. Healthy weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!
- Top tip: Pick a couple of items you want to substitute with healthier options and give yourself time to get used to the change before making further adjustments to your diet. You’ll find yourself in a comfortable, new routine before you know it.
You no doubt expected to see this tip on this list, but it’s absolutely worth mentioning. Exercise is great for keeping your entire body healthy in the long term, not just for short-term weight loss.
Exercise helps keep your cardiovascular system healthy, improves your quality of sleep, keeps your immune system strong, helps prevent conditions such as type 2 diabetes, and helps you feel and look your best, just to name a few. Combined with a nutritious diet, you’ll enjoy whole-body wellness for years to come.
- Top tip: Choose a type of exercise you enjoy. It’s much easier to get out of bed and lace up your trainers when you aren’t dreading your workout. Don’t feel pressured about doing a type of exercise that just doesn’t work for you. Whatever you choose to do, you’re getting out there and being active, after all!
Hydration is essential to whole-body health, but it’s easy to overlook when you’ve got a busy schedule. Staying hydrated helps your cells do their job as smoothly as possible and keep you in top health.
Your cells need a baseline of fluids to function normally. Dehydration puts extra stress on your cells and makes it that much harder for your body to operate at its best. Dehydration can contribute to headaches, low energy, an impaired metabolism, and make it much harder to perform when you’re at the gym.
- Top tip: Keep packets of dry electrolyte solution with you whether it’s in a backpack, purse, or in your car. That way, you’ll have an easy way to get fully hydrated and restore lost nutrients whenever you need it.
Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is the best medicine, and it’s also an essential part of helping you maintain your weight. A consistent lack of sleep may contribute to obesity and type 2 diabetes. A lack of sleep can change the way you approach your food choices, and may also impact how efficiently your metabolism functions.
Of course, getting enough sleep is great for more than your waistline. Adequate sleep can improve your mood, focus and concentration, memory, alertness, promote a healthy immune system, and so much more.
If you think you may have sleep debt, don’t fret. It will take time, but you can catch up on the accumulation of lost sleep. Book an extra hour of sleep on the weekends in addition to 8 hours on weeknights and you’ll be caught up in no time.
- Top tip: Take some time to make your bedroom into a sleep palace. Change out your pillows and mattress for a luxurious sleeping experience, make sure your room is cool and quiet, and invest in a sound machine if you happen to have noisy neighbors.
Be Consistent With Your Diet and Exercise
Losing weight is only half the battle. You’ll also want to maintain your weight once you’ve reached your goal. Choosing healthy food options and an exercise routine that fits well with your routine will go a long way towards helping you stay on the path of weight management.
There will be days you indulge, especially during celebrations or holidays, but you can offset those days by being consistent the rest of the year.
- Top tip: It’s normal to want transformative, overnight change, but the reality is that weight management is a marathon, not a sprint. Be patient and you’ll feel and see the results of your dedication in time.
Drip Hydration Can Help You get a Wegovy™ Weight Loss Treatment
Wegovy is most effective as part of a comprehensive weight loss program that may include exercise, behavioral changes, calorie restriction, and diet changes as determined by a physician. Unlike many other weight loss medications, this medication can be used for long-term weight loss management.
Simply schedule an appointment, and we will come directly to you. Drip Hydration offers convenient services that will improve your health and can be worked around even the most hectic schedule.