Having enough energy to go about day-to-day life is very important. Vitamins and minerals are very important for our bodies for many reasons. There are many essential vitamins that play a role in keeping our body healthy and energized. If we are deficient in certain vitamins, we may not have the energy to live to our full potential every day. Our body needs many of these vitamins and minerals to function properly. The body needs a lot of energy to function in day-to-day life, especially during certain times such as sickness or times of stress, or when working out the body. This article will discuss what certain kinds of vitamins can help increase your overall energy levels, where to get them, and how IV therapy can also help.
Vitamins for increasing energy levels
Certain types of vitamins and minerals can play a role in improving your overall energy and the way your body functions, especially when it comes to higher energy levels.
Some of these vitamins that can contribute to increased energy are:
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Coenzyme Q10
Vitamin B1 is also called thiamin. It helps the body utilize the carbohydrates it intakes by converting them into an energy source. Low B1 means low energy and lower brain and nervous system functionality.
Vitamin B2 is also called riboflavin. This is another essential B vitamin that helps the body convert its carbohydrates from food into fuel for the body; this is also known as glucose. Low levels of riboflavin may cause fatigue, blurred vision, swollen throat, skin issues, and even depression.
B3 is also called Niacin. This vitamin helps convert food to energy and acts as a coenzyme for energy transfers within cells. Niacin helps keep the hair, skin, and nervous system healthy. Low vitamin B3 can cause rough skin areas or rashes, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, and even aggressive or paranoid behavior. Having low b3, you may have other symptoms such as indigestion or fatigue.
B12 plays an important role in energy production in the body. This is because it helps transform food energy into energy that the body’s cells can actually use. Having a B12 deficiency may cause weakness, extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, pale skin, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations.
Vitamin D is a common deficiency people can have, and low energy is the most common symptom. Vitamin D helps the cells generate energy and use oxygen to power parts of the body.
Vitamin D deficiency may cause bones to become brittle. It also causes extremely low energy. It may also cause the immune system to be weak.
Magnesium helps reduce fatigue or exhaustion. This mineral is important in helping the nervous system continue working properly. This mineral also helps the body relax so that it can relax and rest long enough to replenish energy levels. It then will cause the body to have more energy in the long run. Being deficient in magnesium can cause muscle cramps, hormone imbalances, anxiety and depression, high blood pressure, extremely low energy, and poor bone health.
Zinc has been known to reduce fatigue significantly. It is also shown to help improve the quality of sleep if it is taken directly before bed. This, in turn, helps you have more energy when you are awake. Symptoms of low zinc can be loss of appetite, hair loss, and low immune function.
Creatine helps maintain a supply of energy sustainable to muscles. It is also found in other areas of the body, such as the brain and heart. It helps produce energy when using muscles for day-to-day activity or even high-intensity exercises. Having low creatine can create liver disease, lack of strength and energy, and feelings of being dizzy.
Iron is critical for helping produce energy in the body. It is a part of red blood cells that combines with oxygen. This oxygen is then carried throughout the entire body, which is then transformed into energy for the cells to use during different functions. Being deficient in iron can cause extreme fatigue, chest pain, headaches, inflammations, and weakness, among other issues.
Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant that helps with energy levels. This is because it stimulates the mitochondria of the cells, which produce more energy or ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). This decreases while we age, making it more important to supplement. Health conditions such as heart disease, brain disorders, diabetes, or cancer can be linked to low levels of this. Fatigue and muscle weakness are also common symptoms of being deficient in CoQ10.
All of these substances help the body create or sustain energy. There are a few different ways you can intake vitamins and minerals into the body to elevate your levels to a healthy spot. Let’s look into some ways to get each of these vitamin levels higher in the body.
How to get these vitamins
- Vitamin B1 can be found in pork, trout, sunflower seeds, acorn squash, yogurt, fortified breakfast cereals, white rice, and corn. It can also be taken with oral supplements or included in IV therapy.
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin can be in eggs, organ meats, low-fat milk, lean meats, mushrooms, spinach, fortified cereals, and grain products.
- Vitamin B3 is naturally found in many animal and plant-based foods. Most commonly, beef, poultry, liver, eggs, fish, dairy, seeds, nuts, legumes, and avocados.
- Vitamin B12 is naturally found in most animal-derived foods. Eating these foods can help supplement this vitamin. It can also be supplemented with oral supplements or IV therapy.
- Vitamin D levels can quickly be supplemented by exposing your skin to sunlight outside. It can also be eaten in foods such as trout, salmon, mushrooms, sardines, eggs, cheese, liver, and fortified foods like dairy and cereals. It can also be supplemented orally.
- Magnesium-rich foods can include pumpkin seeds, almonds, spinach, cashews, peanuts, and beans. There are also oral supplements and drinks containing zinc available on the market.
- Zinc can be found in many food products, especially milk products and whole grains. Red meat, poultry, baked beans, chickpeas, and nuts also contain a healthy amount of zinc. This is also very popular to supplement orally.
- Creatine is created within our body naturally, but we can also get some within our diet. Meat, fish, and poultry are healthy ways to supplement some creatine. It is also popular in supplement powders.
- Iron-rich foods contain red meat, poultry, pork, seafood, dark green leafy vegetables, beans, drive fruit, and peas.
- Ashwagandha is an herb that is most popularly supplemented in the form of capsules, powders, or liquid extracts.
- Coenzyme q10- The body produces this antioxidant naturally, but it also can be supplemented with food or oral supplements. Foods that contain this are pork, beef, chicken, fatty fish, vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, oranges, strawberries, sesame seeds, and pistachios.
Taking a combination of these supplements is sure to help your body in multiple ways, especially by increasing your overall energy. Taking each of these separately may be a major hassle and cost a lot of money. Luckily, there are multivitamins available with a blend of multiple vitamins in one capsule included to reduce the amount needing to be taken.
Another great way to supplement these vitamins fast is with IV drip therapy. Many IV therapies available are customizable to include many different vitamins at once. Continue reading to learn more about IV therapy and why it may be the best option for you to increase your vitamins that support healthy energy levels.
Benefits of getting energy IV therapy
Sometimes we may not have the time to wait for supplementation to work, especially when there are so many different vitamins that we can take. Taking oral supplements or eating foods with certain vitamins does work, but it will take a longer time for your body to build up these vitamins for these things. This is why IV therapy is the best option to replenish your vitamin levels. It is a natural, safe, and effective way to get nutrients and vitamins right away. IV therapy will be delivered directly into your bloodstream, and these vitamins will get to work on your body right away that day. This makes it a much faster option than supplementation through food or oral supplements.
You are also able to customize treatments and get any blend of different vitamins your own body needs. There is no downtime, and you are able to feel benefits right away from getting IV therapy. An Energy IV has some important vitamins and minerals that will help your energy levels. You will also be fully hydrated after one of these sessions. You will feel amazing and have so much extra energy right after the treatment. In-home treatments will ensure that you are in the most comfortable setting possible during your treatment.
In-Home IV Treatments With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration offers mobile IV treatments in the comfort of your home. Once you book your appointment, a certified nurse will come to your desired location and administer the treatment, which usually takes less than an hour. During this time, you can do anything you’d like, such as relax under a warm blanket or watch TV. Drip Hydration will also go to hotels, worksites, or other locations upon request.
You can either browse our treatment options and decide which is best for you or speak to a representative who can help you choose what you need based on your health goals. To schedule your appointment or learn more, contact us today!