A cold or the flu can leave you feeling run-down and hamper your productivity for a week or more, but don’t despair. Shorten your cold or flu with a Myers cocktail IV and get back to feeling your best quickly.
- A cold or the flu can last anywhere between 7 – 10 days, and sometimes more.
- Our Myers Cocktail IV contains a blend of antioxidants and hydrating fluids that can help reduce the severity and duration of your cold or flu symptoms.
- Several studies suggest that you can shorten the duration of a cold using vitamins, but the effectiveness may vary from person to person.
How Long does a Cold or the Flu Last?
When you catch a cold, it may not feel like your body is working as hard as it can to fight off the invaders. You’ll feel an assortment of symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, and fatigue, after all. In truth, your body is hard at work fighting off the virus, and most colds resolve themselves within 7 – 10 days.
7 – 10 days is a long time for anyone, but is especially for anyone who relies on good health to perform their best. Students, teachers, families, business professionals, athletes, and entertainers and performers can’t always afford to take a day off from their busy lifestyles. While over-the-counter medications can help temporarily reduce your symptoms when they’re in full swing, these valuable capsules don’t do anything to shorten the duration of your illness. That’s where IV therapy comes in.
Why Get a Myers Cocktail IV for Your Cold or Flu?
You may have seen our Immune Boost IV, which is a fantastic way to strengthen your immune system and prevent yourself from getting sick. Our immune boost IV can also support a healthy immune response for people with chronic illnesses or who are recovering from surgery.
So, why get a Myers Cocktail for your cold or flu? We’re glad you asked! If you are already sick, our Myers Cocktail may be right for you. But first, let’s introduce what’s in this classic IV.
Our Myers Cocktail IV contains…
- IV Fluids: A sterile saline solution that delivers nutrients directly into your bloodstream, rehydrates your body, and ensures 100% absorption.
- Vitamin B12: A B-Complex vitamin associated with preventing memory loss and improving concentration, as well as boosting energy levels.
- High Dose Vitamin C: A concentrated dose of vitamin C to supercharge your immune system and help your body fight off illness. Vitamin C plays many essential roles throughout your body, helping to maintain systems such as muscles, bones, and the circulatory system.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral involved in over 300 biochemical reactions throughout your body and plays a large role in regulating the normal, healthy function of nerve and muscle function, the immune system, the cardiovascular system, the production of proteins, and more.
Our Myers Cocktail IV contains High-Dose Vitamin C, an ingredient which may reduce the duration of a cold. This supercharged antioxidant dose can help bind to and remove free radicals from your body. Free radicals are unstable molecules which your body naturally produces, but which can cause cellular damage and give your immune system that much more work to do. You can learn more about vitamin C here.
Our Myers IV also contains magnesium, a nutrient that plays a large role in proper immune function. Magnesium helps keep your cells healthy and supports healthy protein synthesis to help strengthen your body and your immune response. You can learn more about magnesium here.
The inclusion of vitamin B12 in our Myers Cocktail IV can support healthy immune function, help create healthy blood cells, and assist in energy production so you can kick your illness that much faster. You can learn more about vitamin B12 here.
Hydration is an often-overlooked part of illness. It’s easy to lose track of how much you’ve had to drink when you’re trying to sleep off an illness. Plus, your body will use more liquid than usual as it fights off bacterial or viral invaders. The saline solution in our Myers Cocktail hydrates you in addition to flushing out free radicals that contribute to further cellular damage.
This powerful combination of ingredients may help shorten the duration of your cold and help you feel better faster. This treatment generally takes between 30 – 45 minutes. We can also include anti-inflammatory or anti-nausea medication for fast relief from your cold or flu symptoms.
We are expanding to new locations serving At-Home IV Drips
Can You Speed up Your Recovery from a Cold?
The duration of your cold depends on the exact strain of the rhinovirus as well as the way it interacts with your immune system. Your overall health is a big factor in the length and severity of your illness.
There have been many studies about whether or not certain natural supplements and vitamins can help shorten the duration of a cold or reduce the severity of symptoms. After all, reducing the length of your illness is the next best thing to preventing it altogether.
Vitamin C cannot prevent a cold; however, this study found that it may shorten the duration and symptoms of this illness. Likewise, high doses of zinc may help shorten symptoms and the duration of colds.
One study on Elderberry supplementation for air travelers demonstrated both fewer symptoms and frequency of illness when used prior to and after travel. A similar study on Echinacea supplements for air travelers suggests that this supplement can help shorten the duration and reduce the severity of symptoms of respiratory illnesses.
You can also read more about the NCCIH’s evaluation of natural cold remedies here.
So, can you shorten the duration of a cold? Some studies suggest that yes, you can. However, the duration and severity of symptoms may not decrease by much, and the effectiveness of supplementation may vary from individual to individual.
Still, one less day of sickness can be valuable, especially if you’re an on-the-go professional or a busy mom or dad juggling several different schedules.
Top Tips to Avoid a Cold or the Flu
No one likes getting sick, and unfortunately there is no way to avoid illness at this point. But don’t fret. You have plenty of self-care options to choose from in order to avoid that nasty bug that’s been going around the office or school.
Tips to avoid a cold or the flu:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Don’t share your food or drinks with anyone who is ill
- Take your vitamins to support whole-body health
- Get plenty of sleep to support a healthy immune system
- Avoid people who are sick, if possible, to limit your exposure to pathogens
- Get a Myers IV to supercharge your immune system and prevent illness
Quickly Recover from a Cold or the Flu with a Myers IV
When a cold or the flu has you down for the count, a Myers Cocktail IV can shorten the duration of your illness. Best of all, Drip Hydration brings your IV treatment to you. You don’t have to drag yourself out of bed to go to a doctor’s appointment or risk catching another illness in the waiting room of a clinic. We deliver IV appointments at your home, hotel, or office wherever you are, making it easy for you to feel better fast.
Have questions? Want to know more about how our Myers Cocktail or our Immune Boost IV can help you fight off an illness? Give us a call. We’ll help you get back to the peak of health in no time.