Miami residents who have been instructed by doctors to get an antibody test will find it harder to find testing options. What are your options for getting a Covid-19 antibody test in Miami, and which is best for you? Let’s explore.
Understanding the antibody test
Unlike the PCR or antigen tests most common at testing sites, an antibody test determines if you used to have the virus and have since recovered – whether or not you had symptoms. Antibody tests detect antibodies, which are proteins created by your body as you get better to help fight off the virus.
Know before you go
Antibody tests, unlike tests for current infection, require a blood draw and a prescription from a doctor. Samples must be processed by a lab. Turnaround time for results can be as little as 72 hours, but can vary greatly depending on the lab/testing site and can take as long as 2-3 weeks.
Only a select few locations in southern Florida offer Covid-19 antibody testing in Miami. The county homebound testing program offers testing at home options, but is limited to those with preexisting conditions; caretakers and other household members are not eligible for services. Most sites are by appointment only.
Consider testing at home
Florida households with multiple members in need of antibody tests, specific medical conditions, or who need to reduce risk of transmission as much as possible may want to consider utilizing an onsite medical services provider like Drip Hydration. These services will send a nurse to your home to administer antibody tests to you and your family. The nurse will then take the samples and submit them for lab processing. Everyone tested at once regardless of age, in the comfort of your home, by a medical professional.
Where you can get a Covid-19 antibody test in Miami
- Miami-Dade County Covid-19 Test Finder (select locations)
- Miami-Dade County Homebound Testing Program (age limits apply)
- Miami New Times List of South Florida Testing Sites (select locations)
- How To Deal With Children’s Mental Health During Covid-19
- How To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test For Your Kid
- How Are Miami Universities Handling COVID-19?
- What’s The Safest Way To Get Tested For Covid-19 During Hurricane Season?
- Is Miami-Dade County The New Boiling Point In Florida?
- Tips For Waiting In Florida Covid-19 Testing Lines
- Is There A New Surge In Covid-19 Cases In Florida?
- Business Reopening Guidebook
- At-Home COVID-19 Testing in Miami, FL
- On-Site Corporate & Group COVID-19 Testing in Miami, FL
The Easiest Way To Get A Covid-19 Antibody Test In Miami Is At Home
If you need an antibody test in Southern Florida, skip the lines and reach out to Drip Hydration. With as little as 24 hours notice, you can book an appointment online for one of our nurses to visit your home and complete the blood draws necessary for the antibody test. We have some of the fastest turnaround times, providing results within 48-72 hours.
We also offer the Rapid Accula test to detect current infection, which delivers more accurate results than a rapid antigen test – and in just 30 minutes. If you have questions or concerns about Covid-19 testing, our health experts are here to help. Don’t dismiss our services as too costly without a closer look – PPO insurance holders may be able to get partial reimbursement for our services in addition to group discounts for parties of two or more.
Book an appointment using the button below or call us today!