When living in NYC, you can contract stomach flu from any number of sources. Getting fast stomach flu treatment in NYC can help you feel better faster. Stomach flu IV therapy has the nutrients and medication to help you quickly get back on your feet. What’s more, you can get the treatment in the comfort of your home, office, or hotel.
- Stomach flu is a common term used to refer to any number of stomach ailments that fall under the family of gastroenteritis conditions.
- Due to congestion and the resulting exposure to stomach flu pathogens, besides eating something bad, you can also get stomach flu through contact from crowded areas in NYC like the subway, taxis, restaurants, or buses.
- When you have stomach flu, you may experience symptoms including nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, headache and muscle aches, and general weakness from dehydration.
- Stomach flu treatment can help you feel better faster as it helps replenish your body fluids and electrolytes faster than oral solutions.
- Drip Hydration offers stomach flu IV therapy delivery services in NYC so you can experience enhanced wellness and vitality from the comfort of your home, office, or hotel.
What is Stomach Flu?
Stomach flu is a general term used to describe a group of conditions called gastroenteritis that affect the digestive system. Although called stomach flu, the condition is not related to the common flu or influenza. Nevertheless, the term was coined because both can be caused by a virus (although not the same virus).
Stomach flu affects hundreds of NYC residents every year, such as the recent stomach flu 2019 outbreak and is associated with lost productivity. When an individual has stomach flu, they may feel weak and unwell and, in most cases, may need to take a few days off work to recover. Although generally not deadly, stomach flu can be a major inconvenience when contracted.
What are the Types of Stomach Flu?
Stomach flu is identified by the underlying cause. Here are the types of stomach flu and their causes:
- Viral stomach flu: Caused by viruses like norovirus, rotavirus, adenovirus, calicivirus, and astrovirus.
- Bacterial stomach flu: Caused by bacteria like Campylobacter bacterium.
- Parasitic stomach flu: Caused by parasites like Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, and Cryptosporidium bacterium.
- Noninfectious stomach flu: Can be caused by any number of factors that cause inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Some of these factors include drugs such as NSAIDs, toxins produced by some types of bacteria, and poisoning from chemicals such as lead.
What are Stomach Flu Symptoms?
All types of stomach flu are characterized by disturbances in the digestive system. As such, they all share several similar symptoms, including:
- Watery diarrhea
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Headaches and muscle pains
- Mild fever and chills
Stomach flu symptoms typically appear between 12 to 48 hours after infection and may last for up to three days. It is important to note that if symptoms persist for over three days, or if you have any underlying condition or if you pass bloody diarrhea you must see a doctor immediately as it may be indicative of a more serious condition.
Where Can You Contract Stomach Flu in NYC?
Stomach flu can be contracted anywhere, especially in congested areas. In NYC, many areas fit the congestion bill, including Manhattan, the Bronx, and Queens. Whether subways, restaurants, buses, or on the street, it is possible to contract stomach flu.
Stomach flu can be passed through physical contact or in areas where many people come together, which is why NYC’s congestion explains the recent stomach flu 2019 outbreak in which hundreds were infected.
If you live in NYC, the likelihood of catching stomach flu may not be any different from any other major city, but your chances are higher than, let’s say if you were in a less populated area like Long Island.
How to Treat Stomach Flu Symptoms
If you have stomach flu, diarrhea and possibly vomiting will result in loss of significant amounts of fluids and electrolytes. As such, any stomach flu treatment focuses on replenishing lost fluids and electrolytes. You may also need to take pain medication to manage the stomach pains and cramps, although most doctors discourage this as it could mask severer symptoms.
During fluid replacement therapy, you may be given an oral rehydration therapy (ORT) solution to drink, or you may be put on a drip IV. In most cases, IV therapy offers the fastest relief for stomach flu symptoms.
IV Therapy for Fast Stomach Flu Relief in NYC
What is in an IV therapy for stomach flu treatment?
If you contract stomach flu in NYC, you will need treatment quickly. Drip Hydration offers a tailormade IV therapy treatment for stomach flu that not only rehydrates but also tackles other symptoms like nausea and acidity. Our stomach flu IV treatment formula includes the following:
- IV fluids: A sterile saline solution that rehydrates your body quickly while delivering the rest of the nutrients and medication directly into your bloodstream.
- Vitamin B12: One of the B complex vitamins that helps boost your energy levels and ensure your blood is delivering adequate supplies of oxygen to your tissues.
- B-Complex vitamins: A cocktail of eight vitamins associated with boosting a broad range of functions in the body.
- Vitamin C: An important nutrient that enhances immunity, boosts energy and protects your cells from damage.
- Anti-nausea medication: Calms down your stomach to prevent nausea and vomiting, helping you recover from stomach flu in comfort.
- Antacid medication: Stomach flu can sometimes result in excessive production of acids – this component reduces acidity to increase your comfort and wellbeing as you recover.
Why get IV therapy stomach flu treatment in NYC?
Sometimes you may wonder what to eat when you have stomach flu. This is because nausea, vomiting, and acidity may drive away your appetite. However, when you get IV therapy stomach flu treatment, you’ll experience quick relief from stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and acidity.
This will not only help you recover faster from the stomach flu but also help restore your appetite. Another reason you need to get fast stomach flu treatment in NYC is to ensure you do not dehydrate.
Dehydration causes weakness and headaches, which may make it difficult for you to go to work or move around. Stomach flu IV therapy in NYC quickly replenishes your fluids to help you avoid these challenging symptoms.
Where to get IV therapy stomach flu treatment in NYC?
Here at Drip Hydration, we believe in helping you experience the most convenient stomach flu treatment in NYC. When there’s an outbreak, hospitals and clinics get congested with patients and those suspecting they may have the flu. Besides this inconvenience, you also expose yourself to catching other contagious diseases if you go to the hospital.
With Drip Hydration, we bring the stomach flu IV treatment to you. So, if the stomach flu has you feeling down, you do not need to struggle to leave the house to go to the hospital – we bring the treatment to you so you can recover comfortably in the confines of your home.
How to get IV therapy stomach flu treatment in NYC?
Getting IV therapy stomach flu treatment in NYC is simple. All you need to do is give us a call and tell us where you would like us to deliver the treatment. It could be your home, office, a hotel, or anywhere else with a quiet place we can set up the IV equipment. Once you have an appointment, our nurse will come to your location in NYC with all the required equipment.
They will then set up everything and connect you to the IV. Once connected, they will stay with you through the entire session. Once complete, the nurse will pack up everything and leave you feeling many times better than when they arrived.
Drip Hydration Brings Fast Stomach Flu Relief to You, Wherever You Are
If you live in NYC, you may be aware of the periodic outbreaks of stomach flu that affect hundreds. When the illness hits, it’s usually without warning and can affect anyone. Getting stomach flu in NYC, while not life-threating, can be a huge inconvenience, especially due to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Drip Hydration offers fast and convenient stomach flu IV treatment to help you get well fast. As a delivery service, you do not have to come to us. We come to you and help you recover faster from stomach flu – so you can get back to your life and what you love doing. To schedule a Stomach Flu IV treatment appointment, give us a call or click the button below.