Many people feel incredibly blessed that we’ve finally reached a time when traveling internationally is an option again. As we all adjust to the post-pandemic world, it is important to recognize that life is not by any means back to exactly how it was before. There are plenty of new hoops you’ll have to jump through if you plan to travel soon, especially if you’ll be getting on an international flight. Keep reading for everything you need to know about when you might need a fit-to-fly certificate and how to get one.
What is a Fit-to-Fly Certificate?
A fit-to-fly certificate is a document that certifies that a traveler is safe to travel. In the context of COVID, this type of certificate usually requires proof of a negative COVID test. Many airlines and countries require a fit-to-fly certificate to keep other travelers safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. You’ll want to look into whether or not the airline you’re flying on requires this type of documentation before traveling because you will likely need to show negative COVID results that have been received within 72 hours of flying. You will likely need a fit-to-fly certificate if you plan to travel internationally.
Because COVID can easily spread in enclosed areas such as on an airplane, fit-to-fly certificates are an important step in preventing the spread of the disease. Also, COVID rates may be higher in one country than in another, so it is important to ensure that you aren’t bringing COVID over to a new country with you and further escalating the pandemic.
How to Get a Fit-to-Fly Certificate
Visit a local Passport Health agency to get a fit-to-fly certificate. You will most likely need to be tested for COVID-19 with a rapid test, and you may be required to be evaluated by a healthcare professional. Look into your local options for testing and find your local Passport Health agency. Typically, an RT-PCR test is required to obtain a fit-to-fly certificate. This type of test is widely used for fit-to-fly requirements, given that it is one of the most accurate options.
How to Get a Travel Test for COVID
Anyone who needs a COVID test to travel has a few different options. One option is to visit a local testing site in your area. You can get tested for COVID at an urgent care center, doctor’s office, or standalone testing center. Before visiting a testing location, you’ll want first to call to make sure that they offer the type of test you need for travel and make sure that they have availability. You’ll need to schedule your test strategically to make sure that you can have your results quickly enough to fly. Most airlines require an RT-PCR test and require passengers to have their negative test results within 72 hours of the flight.
Tips for Safely Traveling During COVID-19
It is important to keep in mind that although we are not in lockdown anymore, COVID-19 is still a risk, and safety precautions should be taken, especially when traveling. If you plan to travel soon, here are a few safety precautions you can take:
- Follow all CDC recommendations for safely traveling during COVID.
- Wash your hands regularly when traveling, before meals, and throughout your flight.
- Do not travel if you or someone you know has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Delay your trip if you are experiencing any typical signs of COVID, such as cough, sore throat, fever, body aches, loss of taste and smell, or chest pain.
- Follow all mask requirements when traveling. You will likely be required to wear a mask while in the airport and duration of your flight.
- Get tested before flying and do plenty of research on the travel requirements of your airline before boarding.
- Research what the mask requirements are in the area where you plan to travel to know when and where to wear a mask.
- Maintain a distance from others whenever you can, such as when waiting in line at the airport.
Drip Hydration Offers Same-Day Rapid Testing and Travel Certificates
If you plan to get on a plane soon, you’ll want to start planning when and where you’re going to get tested for COVID before your flight. If you’re going to get conveniently tested in the comfort of your own home, then you may want to try Drip Hydration. We offer an at-home COVID test with the RT-PCR tests, one of the most accurate testing options currently available. Our testing services are fast and convenient. Schedule your appointment today!
airline to find out more information on their refund policies.
Staying Safe Before, During, And After Travel
Although the countries above are designated as safe places to travel during Covid, it is always best to exercise some caution before, during, and after travel.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to test before and after arriving from international travel unless needed at your destination country.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, testing before and after travel can reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 to your loved ones and ensure you take appropriate and timely treatment measures.
Drip Hydration offers a wide range of in-home rapid and standard Covid-19 tests to give you peace of mind before and after you travel. Keep yourself and your loved ones safe by testing for Covid-19 in the convenience of your home. To find out if our in-home Covid-19 testing service is available in your area, please give us a call or book an appointment using the button below.