If you’re feeling under the weather or have recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19, it’s important to get tested. Rapid testing options can help protect those around you by giving you same-day answers, so here’s how you can get a rapid Covid test in Dallas.
What are your rapid testing options?
There are two main types of rapid Covid-19 tests: rapid antigen and rapid PCR. Let’s take a look at the differences between them.
- A nasal swab diagnostic designed to detect certain proteins located on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Results are available in 15 minutes.
- Very fast, but has a slightly higher chance (1 in 5) of incorrect results than PCR tests.
- A nasal swab diagnostic that detects specific genetic material belonging to Covid-19.
- Results are available within 30 minutes.
- Highly accurate, but has a higher price point than rapid antigen tests.
Where to get a rapid Covid test in Dallas
You can get rapid tests from select medical providers in the Dallas area.
The advantages of in-home Covid-19 testing
In-home testing is more time-effective than in person options as you don’t need to spend time in transit or in a waiting room. Your nurse comes directly to you at home or at the office to administer the test, a process that only takes a few minutes.
On top of that, in-home tests eliminate the possibility of accidental exposure at a testing center or clinic. This is especially valuable for people who live with someone in a vulnerable group, such as pregnant women, the elderly, or immunocompromised individuals.
How do in-home tests work?
An in-home Covid test is safe and hassle-free. Here’s how it works.
- A registered nurse will come to your home with all of the equipment needed for the appointment.
- They will administer the test and either process the sample onsite or send it to a lab for processing, depending on the type of test you choose.
- When your test results are ready, your nurse will review the results with you. If you have tested positive, your nurse will provide guidance as to your next steps.
- Can Your Dallas Business Get Sued Due To Covid-19?
- Is Harsh Texas Winter Responsible For Vaccine Delays?
- How To Get Back On Track With Your Dallas Restaurant After Covid-19 Lockdown
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test, Explained
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
In-Home Rapid Covid Testing In Dallas With Drip Hydration
If you are a Dallas resident in need of rapid Covid-19 testing, Drip Hydration can help. We make it easy to get the answers you need with our rapid antigen and rapid Accula tests. We offer progressive discounts for groups of two or more, and PPO insurance holders may be eligible for partial reimbursement for our services.
Give us a call or book an appointment for same-day testing using the link below!