Having a Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test performed remains the most powerful way to determine if someone has the virus, whether or not they have symptoms. If you’re traveling, you may need to get a rapid PCR test for traveling from Sacramento in order to fulfill travel requirements.
How does a rapid PCR test work?
The procedure for a rapid PCR test for traveling from Sacramento is simple and painless. To administer the test, a clinician needs to take a sample of your upper respiratory cells.
Most often, this is done with a nasopharyngeal swab which involves a cotton swab being brushed against the uppermost part of your nose. The swab collects any Covid-19 virus cells, which can then be processed onsite using a specialized machine.
A rapid PCR test, like the standard RT-PCR test, is designed to detect certain genetic material belonging to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The test will determine if the RNA of Covid-19 is in your body, and if not, you are virus-free.
Where to get a rapid PCR test for traveling from Sacramento
There are several places you can go to receive a rapid PCR test in Sacramento. For a list of free PCR testing sites and the days and times they are available, the Sacramento County website offers a free testing site finder.
- If you would like to visit a drive-through testing site, you could visit Covid Clinic’s Sacramento Testing Site at 1801 3rd Street, Sacramento, CA, 95811. They are available Monday through Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm and also on Sunday from 8 am through 4 pm.
- You can also get a rapid PCR test at Sacramento International Airport. It’s important to note that travelers need to make an appointment 48 hours in advance. If you have a valid travel itinerary, you will receive priority booking. The testing location is in the airport parking lot between AMPM and the East Economy Lot (formerly the taxi waiting area).
- If you would prefer to get same-day testing without having to leave home, Drip Hydration can help with mobile rapid PCR tests. If you own a business and need to get multiple business travelers tested, we can also come to your office to administer tests onsite.
Check travel advisories before you fly
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to develop on a daily basis, so it’s important to keep up with travel advisories as you plan your trip. For recommendations and advice while traveling within the United States and abroad, you can visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. They are monitoring Covid-19 risk in destinations around the world and can answer many travel-related questions.
- How To Throw A Wedding During Covid-19 In Sacramento
- How Are Covid-19 Regulations Affecting Local Businesses In Sacramento?
- The Importance Of Covid-19 Testing And Contact Tracing In Sacramento For Businesses
- Can You Get A Same Day Rapid Covid-19 Test In Sacramento?
- When Can Sacramento Achieve Herd Immunity?
- Where To Find Rapid COVID Testing In Sacramento
Get A Rapid PCR Test Before Traveling From Sacramento At Home
A rapid PCR test is accepted by most cities and countries that are currently requiring proof of a negative test result. Drip Hydration makes it easy for individuals, families, and groups to get tested.
One of our registered nurses will come to your home or office and administer a nasal swab to you and any fellow travelers. Our Rapid PCR test combines the accuracy of the RT-PCR with the speed of the antigen test, providing results within an hour of your appointment. Should you or someone in your party test positive, our nurse will provide guidance as to your next steps.
Give us a call or book an appointment using the button below!