There are several different types of testing for coronavirus, but the rapid PCR test for traveling from Miami is the fastest and most reliable for detecting active Covid-19 infections. This test is highly accurate and can produce same-day results, making it ideal for satisfying travel testing requirements. Here’s where to get this test in Miami.
Which Covid tests can be used for travel?
Broadly speaking, there are two types of tests available: molecular and antigen. Most tests are administered via nasal swabs, although some may take the form of saliva or throat swabs. Regardless of which option you choose, molecular and antigen tests are designed to detect an active case of Covid-19.
- Molecular tests such as the RT-PCR or rapid PCR are designed to detect DNA belonging to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These are highly accurate and rarely produce incorrect results. The RT-PCR test must be processed at a lab and returns results within 72 hours of the test, while the rapid PCR test can produce same-day results.
- Antigen tests detect specific proteins that coat the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These tests are less accurate than molecular tests with a 1 in 5 rate of incorrect results; however, they can return results within 15 minutes.
Different countries have differing requirements for the types of tests accepted. For example, antigen tests can satisfy requirements for entry to the US but may not be accepted by international airports. It’s important to do your research before you travel to ensure you don’t wind up stuck at an airport in the middle of your trip.
Current travel advisories via the CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acts as the nation’s health protection agency. As a part of their overall function, they offer recommendations and advice for travelers within the United States and abroad.
They are monitoring Covid-19 risk in destinations around the world while determining the level of Covid-19 Travel Health Notices. There are several travel advisories available online based on country. For destination-specific answers, visit the CDC website.
How to get a rapid PCR test for travelling from Miami
If you would like to receive a rapid PCR test for traveling from Miami to determine if you have Covid-19 before you fly, there are several options for you to choose from. Some of the free PCR testing sites that you can visit are:
- Joseph Caleb Center
- Salvation Army
- Tropical Park
- The Miami International Airport offers daily testing at Concourses E and H
For information on pharmacies, community clinics, and urgent care centers, you can call the State of Florida’s Covid-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or visit their free testing site finder.
- How Are Miami Universities Handling COVID-19?
- Can You Get Employee Covid Tests In Miami?
- Is Miami-Dade County The New Boiling Point In Florida?
- What’s The Easiest Way To Get A Covid-19 Antibody Test In Miami?
- Can You Get A Same Day Rapid Covid-19 Test In Miami?
- How Are Miami-Dade County Schools Handling Covid-19?
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get Covid-19 Testing In Miami
- Is There A New Surge In Covid-19 Cases In Florida?
At-Home Testing: A Fast And Easy Option For Travelers
Drip Hydration in Miami offers at-home Covid-19 testing options so that you do not have to travel to a testing site or spend time waiting in line. Home tests open up your schedule, enabling you to focus on packing and planning your trip.
At-home tests are as simple as they are convenient. A registered nurse will come to your home and administer the rapid Accula PCR test to determine if you are currently infected within an hour of your test. If you do test positive, your nurse will provide further guidance as to your next steps.
We’re ready to help get your trip off to a strong start. Contact us today using the button below to schedule your appointment.