According to new guidance by the EEOC, employers can require employees to get tested for COVID-19 in order to enter the workplace. Relying on your employees to self-certify at drive-in or community testing centers can mean lost hours, coverage issues, and lost productivity.
Onsite testing can help you screen your employees to help you operate safely. You may have heard about bulk or in-home COVID-19 testing kits, but can you use these on your workers?
Can Employers Use In-Home COVID-19 Testing Kits For Workers?
In short, yes. You can use in-home COVID-19 testing kits for distribution among your employees for use. You can typically purchase these from laboratories that sell testing kits in bulk.
However, it’s important that you double-check with your state’s local guidance as to employee testing. We also recommend that you review the CDC’s guidance on testing for non-healthcare workplaces, as well as their guidelines for how to operate your business safely during the pandemic.
How does onsite testing with DIY COVID-19 test kits work?
In general, here’s what you can expect from DIY kits onsite:
- Distribute the testing kits among your employees and have them self-administer the tests.
- Collect the samples per the instructions on the kit.
- Send the samples back to the lab indicated by your testing kit.
- Wait for results (this typically takes 3 business days, but varies from lab to lab)
- Have employees self-quarantine as needed.
- COVID Business Reopening Guidebook
- Reopening Guide for Gym & Fitness Center Operators
- Your Pool Reopening Guide For Covid-19
- Safe Short Term Rental Reopening During Covid-19
- How To Use A COVID-19 Test When Collecting Samples From Employees
- Covid-19 Reopening Phases For Businesses and Corporations, Explained
- Do COVID-19 Testing Kits For Businesses Reduce Virus Spread?
- Can You Test Yourself At Home With A COVID-19 Test Kit?
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- How Accurate Are Rapid COVID-19 Tests?
- The Difference Between Antibody And Antigen COVID-19 Tests, Explained
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- Help Keep Your Staff Healthy With COVID-19 Testing For Businesses
Hassle-Free Corporate and Large Group Testing With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration is a medical service providing onsite testing for large groups and corporations. We bring your appointments to your workplace and can administer hundreds of tests per day. There’s no need for your employees to administer the test themselves, and you can rest assured that all tests have been done correctly.
In addition, you don’t have to send out the bulk tests yourself; we take care of that for you. We’ll discuss the results of the tests with you and your employees. We also provide ongoing testing as part of a safe workplace action plan, helping you operate your business as safely as possible during the pandemic.
Contact us for more information about group discounts and how onsite testing works.