Hand washing, wearing facial masks or coverings, and social distancing are all ways you can help keep your community safe and healthy during the pandemic. Getting tested for SARS-CoV-2 is another way to avoid accidentally spreading the virus, but which is better – at-home services or urgent care centers for Covid-19 testing? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each service.
The pros and cons of urgent care centers for Covid-19 testing
A quick search on the internet is the easiest way to find your closest urgent care center offering Covid tests. Unlike community testing centers, which may see test supply shortages or long lines, urgent care facilities offer same-day testing for fast results.
- Many urgent care centers offer walk-in Covid-19 tests
- Many locations offer free or low cost tests
- You can get Covid-19 testing for your child at many locations (an option not always offered at community testing centers)
- If you do a walk-up appointment, you may need to wait in line or in a waiting room around others who may have the virus
- Some urgent care centers may require you to pay out of pocket if you do not have insurance
- Not all urgent care facilities offer all types of tests
- You may not be able to receive results on the same day you have your test, depending on the type of test you choose
The pros and cons of at-home Covid-19 testing
If you need a test quickly but don’t want to visit an urgent care facility or community testing center, you can opt for an in-home Covid-19 test with Drip Hydration.
- You can get fast, accurate results in 30 minutes or less. At-home testing can provide accurate results within 30 minutes or less, depending on the type of diagnostic you choose. The test itself only takes a few minutes, and you don’t have to worry about waiting in line at testing centers or your doctor’s office.
- You can get tested without visiting a clinic or testing center. Waiting rooms and doctor’s offices are prime locations to encounter Covid-19. You could be exposed to the virus or unintentionally spread it to others to the virus if you’re ill. At-home testing completely removes these risk factors. A registered nurse will bring your appointment to you, administer the test in your home, and give you results in as little as 15 minutes (depending on the type of test you choose).
- Your entire family can get tested while staying quarantined at home. If one person in your family has been exposed to Covid-19, it’s a good idea for everyone to get tested. However, some testing centers cannot test children due to age-related restrictions. At-home tests can circumvent the problem of such restrictions so that everyone in your family can be tested.
- You can get the entire family tested at once. Drip Hydration offers Covid-19 tests at a discounted rate for families or groups up to 5 people – and you don’t even have to pack everyone into the car. Within 30 minutes or less, you can know if it’s time to put the whole household under lockdown or if you’re all in the clear. If someone in your family does test positive, our nurse will provide professional medical guidance as to your next steps.
Learn more about the Covid-19 tests you can get at home:
- Home tests are more expensive than the free or low-cost options offered by community testing centers or urgent care facilities
- At-home services are not typically covered by insurance; however, you may be eligible for a partial reimbursement for your test
- In-home testing may not be available in your area, depending on the service range
When should you get tested for Covid-19?
You should get tested if…
- You’ve been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, whether or not you have symptoms
- You’ve spent time around people who are not socially distancing or wearing masks
- If you have flu-like symptoms
- If you’ve recently traveled to an area with high rates of infection and want to take extra precautions to protect someone in a vulnerable group at home
Getting tested is crucial for helping prevent Covid-19 from spreading since you can know if you need to contact friends, family, or the store you visited the other day.
Fast, Accurate At-Home Covid-19 Tests With Drip Hydration
If you think you’ve been exposed to an active case of Covid-19 and want to protect those around you, getting tested is important, whether that’s at a community center, urgent care center, doctor’s office or clinic, or at home.
Drip Hydration has made at-home Covid-19 tests the fastest and safest way to get accurate results. One of our registered nurses brings your appointment to you with all the necessary equipment in hand for your test. Give us a call or use the booking button below for accurate results and peace of mind within as little as 15 minutes of your appointment.