What is NAD and Why Should You Have More of It?
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a coenzyme that your body naturally produces. This coenzyme plays a role in many different systems throughout your body, including maintaining muscle tone and function, encouraging healthy cell growth, counteracting tissue damage, and reversing damage to your mitochondria. NAD repairs and lengthens telomeres, the protective caps at the end of your DNA, which slows how quickly your body ages. The natural level of NAD present in your body decreases over time. Certain factors can accelerate this process, including stress, sleep problems, environmental factors, and drug use, to name a few.
Restoring NAD in your body can help improve your health in many ways. NAD may help improve your metabolism and combat age-related diseases.1 It may also improve cognitive function. Early studies are promising for NAD’s role in reversing neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.23
NAD supports healthy mitochondrial growth and function, so maintaining an optimal level of this coenzyme can promote positive long-term health outcomes.4 There are two main ways to supplement NAD in your body: supplements and IV infusions.
NAD's Role in Your Metabolism
NAD works on mitochondria and increases the length of telomeres, which are the protective caps located at the ends of chromosomes that become shorter as the body ages. NAD increases the activity of SIRT1 and PARP 1 proteins, which are linked with a slower rate of aging and influencing DNA repair respectively. – source
What Are the Types of NAD Treatments?
You can take NAD in several forms: as an IV, a daily oral pill, as an injection, or in a nasal spray. Regardless of which option you choose, the goal of NAD supplementation is the same: to maintain adequate levels of this coenzyme to support your health at the cellular level and help you feel your best. Let’s take a closer look at how each treatment type works.
IV NAD Therapy
IV treatments are administered directly into your bloodstream. Because intravenous NAD treatments bypass the digestive system altogether, this type of supplementation ensures 100% absorption. NAD is immediately available for use by your cells.
In addition to the benefits of the coenzyme itself, IV infusions have several additional benefits, including:
- NAD is delivered via a saline solution which rehydrates your body.5
- NAD infusions contain a blend of vitamins that can provide a wide range of health benefits.
- The saline solution simultaneously flushes out toxins and free radicals. You can not only boost cellular health and regeneration, but you can also detoxify your body at the same time.
- IV NAD treatments are most effective when used regularly over time. Long-term maintenance and cellular support contribute to less overall damage to your mitochondria, a slower aging rate, and better cognitive health.
Each treatment takes a minimum of four hours to administer one NAD IV infusion. When you have a busy lifestyle, you may not be able to take this much time out of your life on a regular basis. That’s where delivery IV comes into play. A direct-delivery IV NAD supplement is the perfect way for you to enjoy the benefits of this amazing coenzyme without compromising your time.
Oral NAD Supplements
Recently, NAD has become available in a cost-effective oral supplement form that is making headlines and gaining momentum for individuals aiming to recapture that youthful exuberance that has naturally diminished over the years.
Oral NAD supplements are absorbed by your digestive system, which is a complex process that impacts how much your body actually absorbs. In fact, oral supplement absorption rates vary from person to person due to factors such as individual circulatory systems, gastric emptying time, and the body’s reaction to the supplement itself.6
- They are easy to obtain through online retailers or pharmacies
- Their low cost means they are affordable for many people
- They may also be ideal for individuals who have an aversion to needles
- If you have an active lifestyle that keeps you on the move might even prefer the ease and convenience of an affordable, daily supplement over a more time-consuming NAD IV infusion
Oral supplements are also very safe. Immunocompromised patients may understandably prefer NAD in supplement form in order to minimize their exposure to intravenous methods of treatment that could cause an infection at the injection site.
Individuals looking to remove brain fog while maximizing their athletic performance may have noticed that NAD is also now offered as an at-home, self-administered treatment in the form of NAD injections. Patients who may not be able to afford the luxury of time needed for a 3-to-4-hour IV drip can now feel the invigorating, energy-boosting effects of NAD in a fraction of the time.9 In addition to treatments requiring only a few minutes, they also take effect more quickly than oral supplements.
The process starts with a brief consultation with your doctor to ascertain eligibility and to make sure this treatment is right for you. Treatments are delivered directly to patient homes in the form of simple self-injections.
Order NAD+ Injections
NAD is essential to cellular health, but levels decline as we age. We offer self-administered NAD+ injections to replenish NAD levels, which may offer a variety of anti-aging benefits.Get NAD+ Injections
NAD Nasal Spray
Interested in the powerful and restorative benefits of NAD but not quite sold on the idea of injections of an IV drip or self-injection? At-home NAD nasal spray is now available for those looking to quickly restore their naturally declining NAD levels.
This intranasal spray grants quicker access to brain cells, making it especially advantageous for patients looking to strengthen neurological functions, improve focus and memory, and clear brain fog. NAD nasal spray is delivered right to your home and is easily self-administered at home.
How To Choose Which NAD Treatment Is Best For You
Now that you know your options to choose from, the time has arrived to see which treatment is best suited for you and your lifestyle. Let’s take a look at some considerations for each type.
- NAD IV drips remain the most complete method for total absorption and maximum effects. The included vitamins provide many potential energy and immune-boosting benefits to help rejuvenate patients faster.10 However, individuals with busy schedules may not be able to spend 3 – 4 hours waiting for a drip infusion. This option may not be suitable for individuals with an aversion to needles.
- Self-injections are a rapid NAD boost that only takes a few seconds to administer. They provide a fast, concentrated dose of NAD and are ideal for individuals on a tight schedule. Much like NAD IV treatments, though, this option may not be ideal for individuals with an aversion to needles.
- Oral supplements are easy to add to any supplementation routine and may be taken once or twice daily, depending on manufacturer instructions. This affordable option may not provide as powerful a dose of NAD as IV drips, but they are ideal for individuals on a budget or a tight schedule, as well as those who have an aversion to needles.
- Nasal sprays, much like oral supplements, are used daily. This option is especially beneficial for individuals looking to improve mental clarity and cognitive function and boost mood and energy levels, but don’t need the extra vitamins or detox that IVs provide.
If you’re still unsure which option is right for you, it’s important to discuss with your doctor before embarking on any new treatment.
Every NAD treatment from Drip Hydration includes comprehensive telemedicine consultations with your medical provider so there is no need to worry about risk of exposure to viruses or airborne illness. Patients with concerns regarding privacy can rest assured they won’t be seen at their local clinic and that their treatments will be conducted in a confidential manner.
Regardless of which option you choose, NAD treatments from Drip Hydration bring together the age-reversing and brain-restoring benefits that define NAD and can help you get back to peak performance.
Take the First Step towards Better Health with NAD Therapy
Take control of your health and address your biggest health concerns with NAD therapy. Consult with a trusted medical professional today to explore the potential benefits of NAD and find personalized solutions for your unique needs.
- Personalized care
- Flexible scheduling
Transform your health with NAD therapy and experience the life-changing benefits of personalized treatment tailored to your unique needs.
NAD - Frequently Asked Questions