Replenishing these levels may provide a wide range of anti-aging benefits.
NAD IV therapy delivers NAD+ and a blend of complimentary vitamins (B-Complex Vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Glutathione) directly into the bloodstream, making it the most efficient and effective way to restore natural levels of this coenzyme.
How does NAD work?
Studies have shown promising results that a coenzyme known as NAD slows the aging process, improves mental clarity, restores neurologic function, and improves the body’s overall health. NAD, short for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a coenzyme found in every cell within the body and is involved in many processes.
One of its most significant roles within the body is in oxidation-reduction (redox) reactions. These reactions are a part of the metabolic system and converts food into the energy the body needs to function properly.
The other important role that NAD plays is to regulate circadian and metabolic rhythm. This coenzyme maintains DNA integrity and health and also functions as a quality control mechanism for new proteins.
Among other functions, NAD plays a significant role in anti-aging. NAD works on mitochondria and increases the length of telomeres, which are the protective caps located at the ends of chromosomes that become shorter as the body ages. NAD increases the activity of SIRT1 and PARP 1 proteins, which are linked with a slower rate of aging and influencing DNA repair respectively.
The body naturally produces NAD, but overall levels of the coenzyme decrease over time, leading to cellular changes that result in age-related pathologies.
Lower levels of NAD and bonds between certain types of molecules are linked to damage to DNA which, left unrepaired, accumulate over time into cell changes and mutations. Restoring and supplementing NAD counteracts many of these reactions and help preserve the integrity of DNA over time.
NAD Benefits and Uses
Research into the effects of NAD on the body is ongoing, but many studies have shown promising results of the benefits of NAD supplementation and restoration across a wide range of conditions.
NAD can help individuals who are:
- Recovering from addiction and substance abuse
- Interested in extending their lifespan
- Interested in restoring neurological function
- Experiencing cognitive decline
- Seeking to restore muscle strength and function
- Seeking to boost a weight-loss regimen
- Seeking to reduce their fatigue and improve overall energy levels
- Slow the aging process
- Improve brain health and neurological function
- Improve mental clarity and clear brain fog
- Improve brain regeneration
- Battle anxiety and depression
- Boost energy levels and reduce overall fatigue
- Assist with addiction recovery (alcohol, opioids, nicotine)
- Restore muscle function and athletic performance
You don’t have to wait until you are experiencing a medical condition to experience the benefits of NAD IV therapy. This versatile treatment helps promote whole-body wellness and can help your body maintain optimal performance over time.
NAD IV treatments supplement and restore the levels of this powerful coenzyme in your body. A specialized saline solution containing a concentrated dose of NAD is delivered directly into the bloodstream, making it available to your cells for immediate use. Because NAD bypasses the digestive and metabolic systems, you can expect a 100% absorption rate for maximum effect and minimal waste.
NAD plays a major role in the aging process by regulating the circadian and metabolic cycles and acting as a regulator for new proteins. Changes in metabolism can lead to the development of certain age-related pathologies; NAD plays a role in the regulation of the Sir2p family, which influence lifespan and aging.
This coenzyme also helps protect the integrity of DNA, which becomes damaged over time from wear and tear, duplication errors, and the damaging effects of free radicals. NAD is especially important in regulating inflammation that damages DNA over time. In addition, NAD can correct existing damage.
The body naturally produces NAD, but as the body ages, overall levels of this important coenzyme decrease and leads to the development of age-related conditions. Restoring and supplementing NAD in the body can improve physical appearance, health, and quality of life.
Benefits of NAD IV Therapy for Anti-Aging Include:
Addiction and Recovery
NAD is a holistic alternative to medication-based solutions for individuals undergoing addiction and recovery treatment. NAD is especially useful for patients who want to avoid the side effects of medications.
NAD detoxifies the body, replacing essential vitamins and nutrients that are typically depleted in individuals who engage in substance abuse. NAD reduces withdrawal symptoms by binding to opiate receptors, which can help individuals overcome cravings and risk of relapse. At the same time, this powerful coenzyme naturally protects the brain and accelerates recovery.
NAD also helps stimulate energy production, which helps combat the fatigue that typically occurs during detox. People in recovery often try to boost energy using sugar, caffeine, or other substances that can cause crashes or jitters. Improving the body’s energy levels naturally helps reduce the likelihood that individuals will attempt to boost energy using these methods. A recovery clinic in Los Angeles found that NAD helped patients significantly with symptoms like anxiety, depression, and cravings during withdrawal from alcohol and opiates.
Generally, NAD therapy to aid substance abuse disorder recovery involves multiple treatment sessions over a period of time. The frequency and duration of NAD treatment may vary depending on the drug(s) involved, as well as the severity of the addiction.
Benefits of NAD IV Therapy for Addiction and Recovery Include:
- Fewer withdrawal symptoms
- Reduce cravings associated with withdrawal
- Restored energy levels
- Improved mood
- Cell restoration
- Improved brain function
- Improved cognitive clarity
A decrease in cognitive ability is a hallmark of aging. There are many age-related neurological conditions including dementia, decreased focus, and memory problems.
NAD helps keep the brain in top condition. This coenzyme rejuvenates and restores brain function by boosting sirtuins – proteins that function as anti-aging mechanisms that slow the effects of neurodegenerative diseases and natural cognitive decline. Together, NAD and sirtuins protect against toxicities in the body and improves cells’ resistance to stress.
NAD also combats inflammation in the brain that can contribute to cognitive decline. This damaging inflammation has also been linked to degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Protecting brain cells from inflammatory damage preserves neuronal stress resistance and plasticity – the ability of the brain to adapt to changing environments.
NAD IV treatments can help maintain mental clarity, focus, protect mental clarity, and protect against neurodegenerative diseases for a healthier and happier quality of life.
Benefits of NAD IV Therapy for Neurological Conditions Include:
- Improved brain health and neurological function
- Improved mental clarity
- Improved brain regeneration
- Improved focus and concentration
- Boosted mood
- Improved memory
The term ‘metabolism’ refers to the amount of energy that is expended to maintain the body. The metabolism naturally slows with age and can lead to weight gain and lower energy levels. NAD plays a large role in normal metabolism function, which in turn helps improve weight loss and overall energy levels.
NAD plays an important part in the body’s oxidation-reduction (redox) reactions. These complicated chemical reactions are a part of the metabolic system and help convert food into energy that is usable by the cells. NAD accepts and donates electrons used in energy metabolism during the cellular respiration process.
NAD helps promote mitochondrial fitness by maintaining the mitochondrial unfolded protein response, a reaction to cell stress, by ensuring that these cells form into the correct shape for normal function. NAD helps the liver break down fats that are essential to provide energy for the body. It also helps create ATP, which is a major source of energy for cells.
Benefits of NAD IV Therapy for Metabolic Function Include:
- Increased energy levels
- Decreased fatigue
- Restore muscle function and athletic performance
- Improved metabolism
- Weight loss
NAD plays an important role in the body’s ability to manufacture and expend energy and is one of the body’s most critical metabolic cofactors. The functionality of our metabolism is influenced by variations in NAD levels. Our metabolism becomes sluggish and fat burning slows to a crawl when NAD levels are low.
NAD IV therapy is a modern and intriguing weight loss treatment designed to supercharge your metabolism to burn calories and fat efficiently. Restoring normal levels of NAD intravenously stimulates the conversion of food into a viable energy source, which is then recycled in order to burn calories, leading to noticeable weight loss.
Shedding those pounds is only part of the weight loss journey, and keeping them off is just as tough a task. NAD can help increase our resting metabolism, which is a crucial aspect of maintaining low fat reserves after significant weight loss.
In addition to contributing to weight gain, declining NAD levels are closely connected to several separate metabolic issues, such as fatty liver disease and diabetes. Maintaining healthy NAD levels can combat these issues and support your long-term well-being.
NAD for anxiety and depression
An active lifestyle featuring regular exercise, a balanced diet, and focus on getting a good night’s sleep can work wonders for your mood and general health, but there are moments in life where the prospects of anxiety and depression can still seem inescapable.
NAD can help elevate mood and counter symptoms of depression and anxiety. A recent study has suggested NAD IV therapy can also offset fatigue, a prevailing symptom of both depression and anxiety.
NAD is linked with adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in the brain, where it is used to create beneficial neurochemicals. Anxiety reduces levels of NAD in the brain, as well as hormones such as serotonin that help regulate mood. Supplementing NAD can help the brain produce normal amounts of “feel good” neurochemicals even if a person is stressed or anxious, which helps improve symptoms.
Although all types of NAD can benefit brain health, nasal sprays provide the fastest access to the brain, where they release neurotransmitters that are vital for nervous system operation. These neurotransmitters also support mood elevation and overall feelings of peace and calm. Further, NAD helps detoxify the body, effectively eliminating drugs and other damaging substances, restoring your neurological health and providing a general sense of tranquility.
What types of NAD therapy are available?
There are several ways you can supplement NAD. Read on as we review your options.
IV NAD supplementation
NAD IV therapy involves the intravenous delivery of IV fluids and NAD into the body. NAD is added to IV solutions, which are stored in sealed bags that are suspended above a patient’s head. A long thin tube runs between the bag and a needle, which is inserted into a vein. The IV fluids and NAD run through the tube directly into the bloodstream. Other ingredients, like vitamins, can also be added to the solution.
Though many people associate IV treatments with severe illness and hospitalization, IV sessions offer several advantages over other delivery methods of supplementation.
Because treatments are delivered directly to the bloodstream, none are lost in the digestive process, which can result in up to 50% of nutrients or medications being broken down. This also allows treatments to start working right away, so you feel the benefits more quickly.
Finally, IV fluids help ensure you are properly hydrated, and help flush toxins from your body to ensure optimal function. This is especially advantageous to those seeking NAD treatments to help with recovery from substance abuse disorder.
Drip Hydration offers in-home NAD IV therapy. You can make an appointment for a licensed healthcare professional to come to your home and administer a NAD IV.
If you want the benefits of NAD administered directly into your bloodstream, but without the need to schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional, NAD injections may be right for you.
Drip Hydration enables you to consult with a healthcare professional via telehealth services to determine if NAD injection treatment suits your needs. Once a treatment course is determined, supplies to self-administer NAD are delivered to your home. Telehealth consultations continue as you self-administer treatments, allowing you to ask questions and discuss your progress.
Many people may feel uncomfortable with the idea of using needles regularly to supplement NAD. NAD nasal sprays allow you to supplement NAD using the same method as many allergy medications. This method of NAD supplementation is especially beneficial for those taking NAD to enhance brain health. NAD nasal spray reaches brain cells faster than IVs, injections, or oral supplements.
Drip Hydration can conduct a health screening via telehealth to evaluate whether NAD nasal spray is the best choice for you. Once a NAD regimen is decided, NAD nasal spray is shipped to you to take as prescribed. As with injections, telehealth services continue to be available after your initial appointment so you can ask questions and track progress.
Oral NAD supplements
NAD capsules help people who prefer traditional oral treatments supplement NAD. This option is generally cheaper than IV therapy or injections, though it should be noted that the best savings generally require auto renewal or purchasing in larger quantities.
Drip Hydration offers Tru Niagen, an oral NAD supplement with the highest dose of nicotinamide riboside (NR) available. This supplement helps your body increase NAD levels. You can consult with one of Drip Hydration’s licensed healthcare professionals via our telehealth services to ensure oral NAD supplementation is the best option for you.
Which type of NAD therapy is right for me?
If you are having difficulty choosing a NAD therapy, here are some factors for your consideration:
NAD IV therapy
- Bypasses the digestive system, allowing for a high absorption rate
- Treatment is administered by a licensed healthcare professional, eliminating any guesswork
- Hydrates in addition to supplementing NAD, and other nutrients may be added to treatment
- Effects can last for months between booster appointments
- Most expensive NAD therapy option
- Appointments have to be made to receive treatment, and sessions take 2-4 hours over the course of several weeks
- Not ideal for those with aversion or fear of needles
NAD injection therapy
- Bypasses the digestive system, ensuring a high absorption rate
- Treatment is self-administered and delivered directly to your home
- Less expensive than NAD IV therapy
- More expensive than nasal sprays and oral supplements
- People may be uncomfortable self-administering shots
- Not ideal for those with fear or aversion to needles
NAD nasal spray
- Reaches brain cells faster than other NAD therapy options, bypassing the digestive system for a high absorption rate
- Treatment is self-administered without needles
- More affordable than NAD IV therapy and NAD injections
- More expensive than oral NAD supplementation
- Some people may feel uncomfortable using nasal sprays
NAD oral supplements
- Typically safe without severe side effects
- Does not involve uncomfortable administration methods
- Tru Niagen is gluten free, nut free, caffeine free, and does not contain animal byproducts or artificial flavors/colorings
- Most affordable NAD therapy option
- Studies are still underway regarding certain potential health benefits
- May need to subscribe or buy larger quantities to get the best value
- Not ideal for those who have difficulty taking supplements or medications orally
- Ingredients must be processed by the digestive system before they are bioavailable, meaning there is less NAD available overall
Does NAD therapy have any side effects?
If you have read about the powerful effects of NAD IV therapy, you may be wondering if you should expect any potential side effects from treatment. NAD supplementation is generally a safe and well-tolerated treatment with few side effects. However, more studies must be completed before any long-term side effects become known.
Side effects brought on by NAD IV therapy can be largely divided into Symptomatic and Metabolic side effects. Symptomatic side effects materialize instantly after completing therapy, while metabolic side effects generally develop on a cellular level, specifically for patients who have been receiving high-dose NAD treatments for an extended period of time.
Currently, the mild-to-moderate side effects that have been reported include:
- Abdominal pain
The majority of these are mild and tend to vanish quickly, but you should contact your doctor in the event of a serious symptomatic side effect, such as an allergic reaction or infection.
Other side effects may be related to the type of therapy you choose. For example, there is a risk of vein damage and infection with IV and injection therapy, but these are significantly mitigated by following proper hygiene and administrative procedures. IV therapy can also result in an air embolism if proper care is not taken, which is why you should only seek NAD IV therapy by prescription from a licensed and trained healthcare professional.
Your NAD provider should evaluate you before treatments begin. When selecting a provider, you should check the lab providing NAD as well. Labs should be certified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This means that the lab operates according to the FDA’s safety standards.
Cost of different NAD treatments
Drip Hydration currently offers several NAD IV therapy options that are designed to fit your preferences, with singular, one-time treatments in addition to ongoing treatments spread out over multiple sessions per week.
- NAD+ Boost IV treatment: Delivers a nourishing blend of NAD, Glutathione, vitamins, and minerals designed to stimulate neurological function and cellular health. This one-time treatment features your NAD infusion, a professional nurse administering the IV, and a follow-up consultation for $999.
- Anti-Aging treatment: Works to repair DNA, minimize inflammation, and activate enzymes that help to slow the aging process. This treatment is typically conducted twice a week over ten sessions for a cost of $8,000.
- Anxiety and depression treatment: Helps rearrange neurotransmitters in the brain in order to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. This treatment occurs 3 times a week for 12 separate visits, for a cost of $9,000.
- Brain restoration treatment: Works to elevate cognitive function, increase alertness, and rebuild cells throughout the body. This plan takes place twice a week over 8 treatments total, for a cost of $6,800.
- Energy boost treatment: Promotes muscle health and function, builds new muscle, and improves physical appearance. This treatment occurs twice a week over a total of 6 sessions for a cost of $5,450.
- NAD Injections: We now offer self-administered injections which restore NAD levels and can support a wide array of anti-aging benefits. This treatment package includes the shipping of materials to your home as well as a telemedicine consultation with your medical provider. The price for this treatment is dependent on duration, with cost ranging from $499 for 10 injections with the largest treatment option costing $2,499 for 60 injections.
- Nasal Spray: A new addition to our lineup, our Nasal Spray promptly replenishes NAD levels, helps improve focus and brain clarity, and supports metabolic function. This treatment option includes the spray shipped to your home as well as an online consultation with one of Drip Hydration’s team members. This treatment costs $299.
Free NAD Therapy Consultation
Even if you have decided that NAD IV treatment is right for you and you’re ready to take the next step toward a refreshed and revitalized future, deciphering which NAD treatment is the right fit for your goals can be a bit overwhelming. In such instances, we recommended getting a free NAD therapy consultation. Give us a call or book an appointment using the button below to speak with one of our team members. We can help you determine which treatment plan best suits your needs and lifestyle.