Many companies are returning to work, making our diligence about preventative methods, including testing, more critical than ever. There is a plethora of information available about different kinds of testing, but it can seem unclear where to get tested and what type you should get. Continue reading to learn about rapid PCR tests in Chicago and other available options, as well as resources on where to go.
Types of tests available
The main types of COVID-19 tests are PCR, antigen, and antibody tests.
- PCR tests detect the RNA of the virus and can usually pick up even a tiny amount of it. While these take 1 – 3 days for results, it is the most accurate.
- Rapid PCR tests also detect the RNA of the virus. Unlike standard PCR tests, this diagnostic can be processed onsite with same-day results.
- Antigen tests are taken with a nasal or throat swab. While these typically produce quicker results, they are also less likely to be accurate. The test is best taken when you first exhibit symptoms, as it is most effective.
- Antibody tests do not determine if you are currently infected with the virus. However, they can inform you if you have the antibodies from being infected in the past. This is excellent knowledge for understanding the virus.
Where to get tested
Rapid PCR tests are the ideal choice for accurate, same-day results, but they aren’t available everywhere. It’s important to check with your potential testing site before you book an appointment.
- Your primary care physician may be able to test you or a nearby urgent care center.
- Some pharmacies are now performing rapid PCR tests as well.
- If you’re travelling, Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports both have rapid PCR testing available at the terminal.
You can find a complete list of testing sites on Chicago’s government page. Note that several places require information in advance, such as your insurance or survey completion.
- 8 Benefits Of Onsite Covid-19 Testing For Your Business
- The Differences Between The Types Of COVID-19 Tests
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
- Do You Need To Test Kids For Covid Before They Start School In Phoenix?
- What Is The SalivaDirect Covid-19 Test?
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid-19 Testing For Families With Children
- The Hidden Benefits Of In-Home COVID Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- Demystifying The COVID-19 Antibody Test
Get Convenient Covid Tests At Home
In addition to the testing options above, you can also get tested at home or at work. Drip Hydration offers several types of testing methods at the location of your choosing.
- If you are an employer, our tests are an excellent option to enable your staff to be tested without losing out on their productivity.
- If your family would like to get tested, our on-site services can save you from making several trips to the doctor and keeping you away from other community members if you are sick.
You can book antigen tests, rapid PCR, and standard PCR testing with results in as little as 15 minutes, depending on the type of test you choose. Book an appointment with Drip Hydration today to schedule your Covid-19 test!