If you’re an Austin resident in need of a Covid-19 test, getting results as soon as possible with a Rapid test seems to be the obvious choice. But where can you get a rapid Covid-19 test in Austin? Read on for more answers.
Rapid testing vs. RT-PCR testing
RT-PCR tests are the most accurate tests available and are most commonly used at public testing sites. They require lab processing, which means results aren’t available for at least 48-72 hours. While extremely accurate, the slow turnaround time presents challenges in effectively using this test for day-to-day screening purposes.
Rapid antigen tests are less accurate (with a 1 in 5 false negative ratio); however, they can produce results in as little as 15 minutes without lab processing. This makes them a much more practical option for health screening at large events.
The Accula rapid PCR test offers nearly the same accuracy as the RT-PCR, but in 30 minutes without lab processing. Available from select healthcare providers, the Accula test offers both convenience and peace of mind.
Where can I get a rapid Covid-19 test in Austin?
Rapid antigen Covid-19 testing is available at:
- Select private Urgent Care and Health Clinics
- Certain healthcare providers
- Mobile testing services like Drip Hydration
- How To Get An Onsite Same-Day Covid Test For Austin Businesses And Events
- How To Throw A Wedding During Covid-19 In Austin
- Should You Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test, And What Are Your Options?
- What Is The Easiest Way To Get A Rapid COVID-19 Test Before Traveling?
- The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test, Explained
- Safe & Easy Rapid Antigen Testing For COVID-19 At Home
In-Home Rapid Covid Tests With Drip Hydration
Whether you need a test because you were exposed to the virus, or simply to fulfill a participatory requirement for school, work, or sports, Drip Hydration can help. With as little as 24 hours notice, you can book an appointment for one of our Registered Nurses to visit your home and administer tests to everyone in your household.
Families who need more than one test can have them done all at once and get results that same day. Should you test positive, our expert can guide you on how to keep everyone healthy. We proudly offer RT-PCR, Rapid Antigen, Accula Rapid PCR, and antibody testing services. Call or click the link below to schedule an appointment today!