As IV therapy becomes a more common general wellness treatment, you may be wondering if they can benefit you. What types of IV fluids are there? How is IV therapy different from taking over-the-counter supplements? And how do you know which is right for you? Keep reading for the information you need.
IV treatments for health and wellness
Sparked from the many celebrities and elite athletes taking to social media touting its many benefits, it’s not hard to see how IV therapy has exploded in popularity in recent years. These treatments aren’t just reserved for the red-carpet events or game day, mind you. This service is more approachable and affordable than ever, meaning almost everyone can now experience this treatment.
Featuring a healthy and hydrating blend of IV fluids, vitamins, and electrolytes, IVs leave you refreshed and ready to take life’s next challenge. Using an IV drip to deliver fluids and electrolytes directly to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system, which tends to slow down absorption.
How does IV therapy work?
Intravenous therapy is a process in which medications, vitamins, and/or supplements are combined with hydrating fluids, and delivered directly to your bloodstream via a long, thin tube attached to a needle that is inserted into a vein. Delivering medicines and nutrients in this manner is superior to oral supplements because IV treatments bypass the digestive system. Medications and vitamins taken orally get broken down in the digestive process, ultimately only allowing a fraction of the dose to enter your system.
IV therapy not only means the full dose is absorbed by your body, it also means the vitamins and any included medications can start working more quickly. Typically, medications are either slowly combined into IV fluids in an infusion drip, or they can also be administered in one rapid shot during the IV session, called an IV push.
These treatments usually last about an hour and are performed by registered nurses directly in your home, making this an efficient, safe and fast solution to rehydrate quickly and improve your wellness. Patients feel rehydrated, refreshed and fully revitalized once their treatment has concluded. Many patients are happy, repeat customers who have made IV treatments a regular part of their active lifestyle.
IV hydration therapy has few side effects, which can include rashes, vein inflammation, and mild bruising, as well as a minute chance of infection around the injection site. Having treatments administered by a trained and registered nurse minimize the chance of side effects.
What else should you know about IV treatments?
Before you get treatment, it’s important to note that IVs are not suitable for everyone. A brief consultation with a doctor before undergoing IV therapy will help determine if this treatment is right for you.
Most general wellness IV formula sessions last 45-60 minutes. Certain types of specialized therapies meant to fight aging or help heal damage from substance abuse disorder may take a few hours to complete.
Types of IV fluids
There are numerous formulas that address different needs, the most popular of which are described below.
IV formulas for overall wellness
If you’re looking to support your health, boost your immune health, or supercharge your energy levels, a general wellness IV is probably right for you.
- Dehydration: These formulas blend IV fluids and electrolytes to help you hydrate quickly and feel refreshed.
- Energy: B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin C work together to boost energy and supercharge you to take on the day.
- Myers Cocktail: Originally created in the 1960s, this combination of magnesium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and B Complex vitamins can help reduce the effects of a variety of conditions, from upper respiratory tract infections to jet lag.
- Immune Boost: Designed to aid illness recovery, protect against infections, and reduce inflammation, these blends of B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and a Glutathione Push work together to leave you feeling your best.
- All-Inclusive: This combination of Vitamin C, Glutathione, and multivitamins aids recovery while detoxifying and cleansing your system.
Treatments for specific issues
If you’re recovering from an illness, need immune support, and also don’t want to take medications by way of mouth, a treatment-specific IV may be able to help.
- Hangover: IV fluids, electrolytes, vitamins, and medications join forces to fight inflammation and nausea help rehydrate and detoxify your body to soothe the unpleasant symptoms after having a little too much!
- Stomach Flu: Blends of B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Pepcid, and Zofran help replenish lost vitamins and help you recover from stomach flu or food poisoning more quickly.
- Recovery: Whether you’re recovering from a workout or an illness, these combinations of magnesium, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals will help you bounce back quickly so you can take on your next challenge.
If you’re looking to look your best, lose weight, or slow the aging process, a specialized IV might be ideal for your needs.
- Beauty: This blend of vitamins, amino acids, and biotin is formulated to supplement your hair and skin, helping to detoxify your body and leave you with a healthy glow.
- NAD+: This amino acid and coenzyme treatment is specially formulated to enhance mental clarity and help promote cellular repair in those recovering from substance abuse disorder.
- Weight Loss: Lipotropics, vitamins, and minerals help boost metabolism, burn fat, and detoxify your body to help you reach your health goals.
Why IV therapy is ideal for treating chronic dehydration
Depending on the severity and cause of the cause of your dehydration, the simple act of drinking water may not be the most efficient way to replenish lost fluids. Most people can remain hydrated while enjoying an active lifestyle by drinking enough and consuming a diet featuring foods with a naturally high water content. But, if you neglect your fluid intake over a prolonged period that persistent thirst can quickly escalate towards chronic dehydration.
In many instances, the cause of chronic dehydration is an inherent condition such as kidney stones, diabetes and intestinal problems, and can even require hospitalization if gone untreated. For moderate to severe symptoms, an IV drip therapy for dehydration is a new and effective way to deliver vital fluids while providing complete hydration to the body. Delivering vitamins, minerals and electrolytes directly to the bloodstream, IV hydration is the fastest and most effective treatment to combat chronic dehydration.
In-home treatments versus IV bars
You can get many types of IV treatments at home or at an IV bar. What’s the difference and which is right for you?
Mobile IV therapy companies deliver IV treatments directly to you at home. Their registered nurses are vetted, licensed, and trained to provide top quality medical care.
- Works with your schedule
No extra amenities
- Offer spa-like amenities
- Option to go with friends can make for a less isolated and more social experience
- Requires you to travel to the IV bar
- Not a regulated industry
- The Importance Of IV Therapy After Drug Detox
- IV Therapy Treatments for Athletes – The Perfect Addition to Your Training Routine
- Why We Age and How NAD IV Treatments Can Help
- How to Boost Your Immune System With At-Home IV Therapy
- How NAD IV Therapy Can Help Improve the Symptoms of Depression
- How IV Weight Loss Therapy Can Help Maintain Your Waistline
- Everything You Wanted to Know About NAD Supplements vs IV Infusions
Get IV Therapy At Home With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration is a mobile IV therapy provider, meaning we will send a Registered Nurse to your home or office to administer the IV therapy formula that’s right for you. Not only convenient, our services help you get the general wellness care you need without unnecessarily exposing yourself, and subsequently anyone else in your household, to Covid-19 and its variants.
We offer mobile IV therapy “a la carte” for individuals who need a one-time boost or just want to give our services a try. We also offer IV therapy memberships which include complimentary phone consultations with our medical experts as well as discounted access to our nutritional lab tests.
Contact Drip Hydration to find out which types of IV fluids should become part of your general wellness routine today!