Glutathione is an antioxidant often called ‘the master molecule’, and for good reason. This powerful antioxidant plays a role in many different systems in your body from immune support to anti-aging and more. Since glutathione is not typically absorbed well by your body, IV glutathione is an ideal way of incorporating this versatile antioxidant into your wellness routine.
What is glutathione and what does it do?
Glutathione is a tripeptide of three amino acids (glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid). This antioxidant primarily helps your body fight disease and injury by binding to free radicals and facilitating their removal from your body.
However, glutathione is not typically effective when ingested orally because the enzymes in your stomach dissolve the bonds between the amino acids before it can be effectively absorbed. This is why IV glutathione is the ideal way to increase the amount of this antioxidant in your body. During IV therapy, fluids and vitamins are delivered directly into your bloodstream by way of an intravenous line, bypassing the digestive system and ensuring 100% absorption.
Intravenous glutathione therapy can improve a myriad of conditions, including:
Even if you don’t have a medical condition, you can benefit from glutathione. Glutathione supports your immune health and your energy levels, and can also improve the strength and appearance of your hair, skin, and nails. By increasing your levels of glutathione, you can increase your overall health and wellness.
Does a glutathione IV really lighten skin?
Glutathione has recently appeared in oral supplements as a supposed skin lightening solution for conditions such as hyperpigmentation and melasma. Although some people swear by it, current research has not found glutathione IV treatments to be safe or effective. The long-term effects of high dose glutathione given as an oral supplement are unclear due to insufficient research on this topic.
How long does it take for glutathione IV to work?
Glutathione IVs for skin lightening may take different amounts of time from person to person. The duration will depend on factors such as the person’s skin type, the extent of their hyperpigmentation, how well their skin responds to glutathione treatment, and whether the person is taking other treatments for hyperpigmentation.
Glutathione and free radicals
Free radicals are atoms with an odd number of electrons and are a normal byproduct of cellular oxidation. Free radicals can be harmful to the body when they interact with certain types of molecules in your body.
Our bodies can tolerate a certain amount of free radicals; however, when these atoms accumulate faster than we can process them, our bodies start to accumulate damage. Exercise, illness, medication, and exposure to environmental toxins such as heavy metals or pollution can all contribute to an increased production of free radicals.
Free radicals can cause DNA damage, impairing cellular function or killing cells altogether. Damaged cells open the doorway to potential disease and illness. That’s where antioxidants come in. Antioxidants are stable molecules that bind to free radicals, stopping potential damage, and assisting in removing free radicals from your body.
Antioxidants occur naturally in many types of food, especially berries and citrus fruits. Certain types of vitamins, such as vitamin E and vitamin C, are antioxidants that are easy to incorporate in your diet to help fight the damaging effect of free radicals.
Glutathione is another type of antioxidant that can easily be added to your wellness routine, helping prevent the damage that contributes to aging and illness.
We are expanding to new locations serving At-Home IV Drips
Glutathione, aging, and illness
The accumulation of free radicals over the years can accelerate how quickly your body ages. A greater concentration of free radicals may lead to more cell damage, leading to the appearance of wrinkles, dull skin, and lower energy levels associated with aging. By getting rid of free radicals before they can build up and cause cellular damage, glutathione can slow the aging process and help you prolong a youthful and radiant appearance.
Much like free radicals and aging, the damage to mitochondria can also contribute to the development of illness and disease. IV glutathione can combat disease at a cellular level by helping maintain healthy mitochondrial growth.
Glutathione and exercise
Free radicals naturally occur as a result of the cellular oxidation process – that is, the process by which cells use oxygen to generate energy. When you exercise, your body needs more oxygen than usual to maintain your performance. The end result is an increased output of free radicals, which in turn can lead to a buildup of oxidative stress damage.
IV glutathione is ideal for athletes. This method not only binds to and removes free radicals from your body, but rehydrates you at the same time. The end result is an improved recovery time, decreased muscle damage, and decreased cellular damage from free radicals so that you can improve your performance quickly.
How do I get a glutathione injection?
It is best to go through professionals who can explain the entire process to you and offer your options. IV treatments can be done at any location unless you choose to go to an IV bar. An IV bar allows you to get the injection done at their site, typically in a luxury or spa environment. IV bars may not be available to everyone, though, and some people may prefer to get their treatments done at a place of their choosing.
Glutathione is commonly administered as a ‘glutathione push’, which is a single shot containing a supercharged dose. Glutathione is also an ingredient in several IV formulas.
- What Is Myers Cocktail IV Therapy And Who Needs It Most?
- Can High-Dose Vitamin C IV Therapy Help Treat Cancer?
- How To Insert An IV At Home
- Where Can I Buy IV Fluids And Bags?
- How To Heal Veins From IV Drug Use
- How Much Air In An IV Line Is Safe And Other IV Complications, Explained
- IV Bolus Vs Push: What’s The Difference And Which Do You Need?
IV Glutathione Treatments At Home
Drip Hydration is a mobile IV delivery service that brings the benefits of IV therapy directly to you in select cities around the world. Our IVs take 30 – 45 minutes to administer, except for our NAD IVs, which typically take 2 – 3 hours to administer.
Whether you’re at home, at the office, at the gym, or elsewhere in town, delivery IV treatment is a convenient way of enjoying the benefits of IV therapy without the hassle of transit or waiting at a clinic. We arrive at your door within an hour of booking for prompt and effective treatment, depending on the availability of nurses.
Three of our IVs contain glutathione as part of the ingredients; however, a glutathione push can be added on to any of our IV treatments.
- Immune Boost IV: Glutathione is an essential part of our Immune Boost IV, as it gets rid of the free radicals produced by your body while it’s trying to fight off illness. Glutathione also naturally supports your immune system to help cut down on the duration of your illness. This antioxidant helps improve your energy levels, which are low when you’re under the weather, so you can feel better equipped to tackle whatever your day has in store for you.
- Super Immune Boost: Similar to The Immune Boost but includes larger doses of illness-fighting vitamins. It contains antioxidant vitamins, Zinc, and glutathione.
- Recovery: A great post-workout or post-illness treatment to help you feel better fast.
- Beauty IV: Glutathione is a workhorse in our Beauty IV, as its role is to flush out the free radicals and toxins that build up in your body both naturally and as a result of living in a big city. These toxins and free radicals can contribute to dull-looking skin and hair, and brittle nails. Glutathione works to improve your beauty from the inside out, so the end result is glowing, radiant skin and healthy hair and nails.
- All-Inclusive IV: Our all-inclusive IV does it all, improving your immune health, strengthening your hair, skin, and nails, boosting your energy levels, hydrating you, and more. Glutathione is an essential component in helping this IV be optimally effective for you and your overall wellness. Glutathione contributes to flushing out free radicals and toxins, providing immune and energy support, and even playing a role in slowing down the aging process.
- NAD Boost IV: NAD treatments are designed to improve your health at the cellular level by helping your cells regenerate naturally. Treatments can boost energy levels, improve cognitive function, reduce brain fog, and even reverse the signs of aging. Glutathione works to get rid of free radicals and slow the aging process, helping you look and feel better.
Want to know about the ingredients in our IV drips or the health benefits of IV therapy? Not seeing the answer to your questions on our blog or resource center? Give Drip Hydration a call. We’re happy to answer any questions that you may have so that you can feel confident about our IV treatments and how our service works.