IV therapy is a great way to boost your body, but why should you use it? IV therapy is a newer way to deliver nutrients and vitamins into your bloodstream more directly. There are a few different options when looking at how to get these treatments. Some treatments are given in a spa-like environment, and others are done right in your home! You can choose which treatment you prefer, making it customizable for what your body needs or is lacking. Glutathione IV therapy is one of the treatments available that can greatly help your immune system.
What is glutathione?
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in our body and is made up of amino acids, cysteine, and glutamic acid. The levels of glutathione in your body can be affected by environmental toxins, stress, and poor nutrition.
Glutathione is found naturally in some foods that are more sulfuric, such as broccoli or eggs. It’s also produced in our liver and creates healthy cells. While this antioxidant is something our body naturally makes, that doesn’t mean your body won’t need an extra push to help handle stress or illness. Getting extra glutathione means that your body is better equipped to fight off disease or illness.
What are the benefits of taking glutathione?
Glutathione serves many benefits, especially if taken intravenously. It primarily helps oxidative stress, which occurs in our bodies when there isn’t a correct balance of free radicals and antioxidants. When this imbalance occurs, it opens the door to diseases like diabetes, heart disease, coronary artery disease, and more. Oxidative stress may also be linked to aging.
Glutathione reduces the stressors on the body by effectively rebalancing it. It protects cell mitochondria and gets rid of free radicals. Your body’s immune response will ease, which can then allow it to heal properly.
Why get IV glutathione?
While your body does produce glutathione naturally, it sometimes needs a boost to effectively support your immune system. Intravenous treatments are directly administered into the bloodstream, meaning that your body can enjoy the benefits almost immediately.
Since treatment doesn’t pass through the digestive system, it can be fully absorbed for maximum benefits. This makes IVs more effective than oral supplements, which are partially digested before your body can absorb it.
How do I get a glutathione injection?
It is best to go through professionals who can explain the entire process to you and offer your options. IV treatments can be done at any location unless you choose to go to an IV bar. An IV bar allows you to get the injection done at their site, typically in a luxury or spa environment. IV bars may not be available to everyone, though, and some people may prefer to get their treatments done at a place of their choosing.
Glutathione is commonly administered as a ‘glutathione push’, which is a single shot containing a supercharged dose. Glutathione is also an ingredient in several IV formulas. Some of our treatments that contain glutathione are:
- The Immune Boost: Made of IV fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you fight off sickness.
- Super Immune Boost: Similar to The Immune Boost but includes larger doses of illness-fighting vitamins. It contains antioxidant vitamins, Zinc, and glutathione.
- Recovery: A great post-workout or post-illness treatment to help you feel better fast.
- Beauty: Improves your skin tone and complexion, detoxifies your body, and also includes B12 for improved mood and energy.
- All-Inclusive: Ingredients include saline, multi-vitamins, extra doses of Vitamin C and, you guessed it, glutathione. Products with both Glutathione and Vitamin C IV push treatments work well together to help your body recover.
- What Is Myers Cocktail IV Therapy And Who Needs It Most?
- Can High-Dose Vitamin C IV Therapy Help Treat Cancer?
- How To Insert An IV At Home
- Where Can I Buy IV Fluids And Bags?
- How To Heal Veins From IV Drug Use
- How Much Air In An IV Line Is Safe And Other IV Complications, Explained
- IV Bolus Vs Push: What’s The Difference And Which Do You Need?
In-Home IV Treatments With Drip Hydration
Drip Hydration offers mobile IV treatments in the comfort of your home. Once you book your appointment, a certified nurse will come to your desired location and administer the treatment, which usually takes less than an hour. During this time, you can do anything you’d like, such as relax under a warm blanket or watch TV. Drip Hydration will also go to hotels, worksites, or other locations upon request.
You can either browse our treatment options and decide which is best for you or speak to a representative who can help you choose what you need based on your health goals. To schedule your appointment or learn more, contact us today!